RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to replace the fuel pump in the casing I got out of my donor vehicle. After some back and forth I was able to get a direct replacement pump from Quantum Fuel Systems, www.highflowfuel.com, It is their pump number HFP-382-766 for $79 USD. My question relates to the corrugated plastic hoses in the original setup. These seem to be heat shrunk onto the fittings. The only way to get them off was to cut them. The long hose is not a problem as a straight piece will replace that but the U shaped hose is a bit of a problem as you cannot bend gas line hose into such a tight bend. Has anyone replaced this hose and how did you do it? Thanks for any ideas.
Gordon
fuel pump hoses.jpg

·
Registered
768 Posts
Depending on the inside diameter, you can get springs that you push into the pipe where your doing a tight bend, which stops the pipe collapsing, couldn’t you of got a complete replacement for pretty much what you’ve paid for just a pump ?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A complete unit from Rock Auto would be 218 USD so a bit more expensive than just fiddling with the hose. I think putting a spring inside the fuel hose might restrict the flow quite a bit however it is an idea.

·
Registered
1996 Range Rover P38A
146 Posts
A complete unit from Rock Auto would be 218 USD so a bit more expensive than just fiddling with the hose. I think putting a spring inside the fuel hose might restrict the flow quite a bit however it is an idea.
At its greediest the fuel rail will need little more than a mugful of fuel per minute. I doubt very much that a spring would cause such a restriction that the fuel flow would slow to a dribble. I think a spring is an excellent idea.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I’ve just used springs on my lpg to neaten the install, I’ve got u-turns on a 12mm internal diameter pipe, I know gas is different to a liquid, but I’m with you that any restrictions would be minimal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts