RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - I've found this site to be really useful - especially since hitting the "key won't turn" and "securing magnet" fault. I followed the "remove fuse 18 fix" problem and it worked.. Advice here saved me huge hassles.

Anyway, I laid my hands on an '03 steering column in good electronic order. It was installed today and everything works OK key and immobiliser-wise. But it turns out to have a broken bracket/frame that stuffs up the steering wheel height adjustment.

I've looked at http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/6-range-rover-mark-iii-l322/194361-disassembling-steering-wheel-lock-pictures.html. Helpful!

So now I'm considering opening up the immobiliser boxes on the original column and the defective '03 one and swapping over a) just the solenoid, which seems to be the problem, or b) the entire contents.

Any views/advice/experience doing this? Or else I'll put the old unit back in and do the "switch connected to fuse 18" solution until something else happens.

Roger

·
Registered
67 Posts
Dodgie,

I am not quite sure what you are trying to fix - It is not clear to me from what you have written. That said, if you are asking if you can remove the circuit board and the solenoid lock motor from one column and put it into the other column, the answer is yes. I have recently done this without removing my steering column from the vehicle. Have the rolling pins already been drilled out on the column that is in your vehicle so that you can remove the cover and see the computer board? If not, I am not sure if you can do this in place. Mine was already drilled out.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,705 Posts
Dodgie wasn;t even logged in since posting. Obviously not in a hurry for input. :mrgreen:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts