RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that if I'm pulling in somewhere with CarPlay on the parking sensors don't appear to be active. If I reverse, then everything immediate kicks on.

Is there a way to have the parking sensors activate pulling forward (or in for that matter for the side sensors) while Car Play is engaged?

It's probably something silly, but I don't know.

thx

·
Administrator
27,794 Posts
Please add your Rovers info to your signature as noted in the forum guidelines. we have no idea what year 494 you have or which engine.

also add your city to your location.

I seriously doubt CarPay has anything to do with your parking sensors. They are two completely different systems.

Rear parking sensors are always automatic and come on with the back up camera. Depending on year and optioning, forward parking sensors may be manual only.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Apologies, I'd set it in the profile, didn't realize that wasn't showing up.

It's a 2019 RRS Supercharged Dynamic, with 18D

If the phone isn't plugged in, they come on automatically, if I back up and go into forward the front sensors work fine, once out of CarPlay.

Let me also ask. Is there a way in the software to break out of CarPlay?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Return to the InControl application without unplugging the phone.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes there is. Get to the home menu of CarPlay with the home button on the screen, and then click on the Landrover icon. This is the way to get out of CarPlay, but it is still active on the background.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts