RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the purpose of the 4x4 display on the touch screen display, tried to read it in the manual but could not find anything. I know it shows the cars wheel going left n right and also the suspension going up and down, but what are the dashes for above and below the wheels, are they suppose to display something? Where can I find more infor about it.
Thanks. It's a 2010 Sport.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
1,165 Posts
can't remember what the dashes above the wheel tell you, but the ones below will flash when traction is lost on that tire. maybe the top ones flash when suspension goes into extended mode.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
211 Posts
Look harder haha, there's an entire section in the manual about it. Actually in your defense I believe it might have been in the navigation manual (figures).

The marks you asked about note the suspension limits of travel, and will blink red when a wheel reaches the maximum articulation it can perform. Obviously it shows you other things as well, location of terrain response wheel, HDC, if you're in low range, and state of center/rear lockers. I think gear as well (only noted the "D" for drive, assuming that changes as well).

A cool feature is that (based on the position of the wheels) it'll alter the "floor" of the image and draw what it thinks you're currently over; if the front right is tucked to the limit, it'll show an incline/hill on the front right side. :)

Another "hidden" feature is all the screen view options in off-road nav. I switched to off-road nav and thought the topo map was cool, but figured that was about it (lame!) but no - if you touch the screen/view change button on the bottom left, you can get all kinds of info including current GPS coordinates and altitude, the later of which is really cool when going up mountains to go hiking or on ski trips. Plus of course the ability to leave "breadcrumb trails" and mark waypoints, so you can always find your way back. :)

·
Registered
314 Posts
Past weekend, our dealership held a gathering for the owners in the outskirts of our town where they had prepared 6 courses to demonstrate the capabilities of these trucks. I opted out but had a chance to ride in someone else's truck. We used the 4x4 display to asses suspension position and articulation during the test terrains, and it was very cool indeed to see that display come alive (a first for me). I also could not believe how incredibly capable these trucks are. Some of the courses simply looked impossible to traverse, and one had to see it or experience it to believe it can be done.

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Past weekend, our dealership held a gathering for the owners in the outskirts of our town where they had prepared 6 courses to demonstrate the capabilities of these trucks. I opted out but had a chance to ride in someone else's truck. We used the 4x4 display to asses suspension position and articulation during the test terrains, and it was very cool indeed to see that display come alive (a first for me). I also could not believe how incredibly capable these trucks are. Some of the courses simply looked impossible to traverse, and one had to see it or experience it to believe it can be done.
:thumb: Glad you got to see if first hand. Go for it next time in your Rover!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts