RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I had 2 front airbags blow and a rear one that had a slow leak. So I did the Strutmasters coil conversion, because I could do it myself with my limited space and tools, and it was FAR cheaper of a fix. The install went good, but while we were working on the front passenger change-out, 4-6 ball bearings dropped on the concrete. Just a little bigger than a BB. I looked for over a half hour for any signs of where they came from, and I found nothing. I had the whole front end up, we turned the wheel back and forth, took off the skidplate... I did not find anything. We put everything back together after that, and took her for a spin. All good till that night, and now I hear something up front in the steering when I turn the wheel. it is intermittent, but if something is missing bearings, it is only a matter of time.

Any ideas what they could have come from, what part has ball bearings? Any help would be appreciated!

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
No part of the EAS has ball bearings.

Could it have been your marbles? :lol:

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I forgot to check ours when apart but iirc there should be a ball bearing assembly at the top of the strut that allows the strut to turn smoothly at the top. Was having this discussion today with my brother.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Yeah your strut tower plates have bearings so the strut can turn... You'll want to replace the top plate, probably on both sides to be safe. Bearings shouldn't fall out of them. If ones bad enough it fell apart, I'd change both.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts