RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm fairly confident I need to replace my PCV valve, and I'm having a hard time tracking down the part number for my model. I'm right at 91k miles, and recently I'm getting some oil smoke on startup. I just had the 90k service performed and didn't notice this until afterwards.

Does anyone know that part number or can point me in the right direction to locate it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
159 Posts
The PVC is part of the valve cover on the passenger side. If it is bad you will get a higher than normal idle. Last time i checked it was not a serviceable part separate from the valve cover. I even tried to match it to similar styles to no avail because it looks just like the BMW part. Smoke on start up is typically from leaking valve stem seals on most cars but definitely worth playing with a few other ideas before going that route. I run an oil catch can set up just because it is a direct injected engine. You could try doing a catch can and an external PCV valve.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very helpful info, I'm not having a higher than normal idle, but it does tend to idle rough until it warms up. Based on your response it seems more than likely to be the seals.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts