RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like a few dealers can't find what I want, so I'm going to have to build one. The dealer said that it would be here by the end of June, but I've seen some people say it took 4 months to get their builds. My question is, can you lease a new build or do you have to finance? I was planning on leasing and wanted to make sure I still could, now that I'd have to build one. Thanks

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
237 Posts
Yes, you can still lease a custom order. There's no difference custom order or buying off the lot, except for the wait.

Land Rover's lease rates are crap and you may be better off leasing through a bank or insurance company if they offer it, if you care.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Nice. I was originally going for the Corris, but when I went to the dealership, I saw the Carpathian on a full size RR and opted for that. Both are very nice.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I like the Carpathian also. A bit darker shade of gray vs. Corris. There were so many colors that I couldn't choose and just went with Corris.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Yeah, it's tough. If I found a corris with the options I wanted, I'd take that. The one I put a deposit on was a dealer swap that got sold before my dealership could get it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
End of June might be a little optimistic, though not impossible . Expect 3-4 months to be safe. I ordered mine early Feb, and my eta is currently May 19.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My order went in March 7th. I am expecting delivery May 27th. Build date was supposedly 4/14 but the sales girl hasn't given me the vin yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
18 Posts
They made me put 5k down. It has third row. I guess they were worried we'd jump ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
237 Posts
I put a $1k deposit on the custom order. Ordered mine in Feb and it arrived early June, which was what I was told at the time of ordering.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Land Rover's lease rates are crap and you may be better off leasing through a bank or insurance company if they offer it, if you care.
OK, thanks. Didn't know that about the rates - they went through Chase.
Yes, RR uses Chase. Rates and residuals vary greatly depending on RRS trim level and engine. I was quite pleased with terms on the HSE Td6...a very reasonable 59% residual for 36 months/36k miles, and couldn't really ask for better than a MF of .00119 being less than 2.9% on a luxury vehicle in relatively high demand. Residuals will likely be going down as we get closer to end of the model year, however.

I ordered mine early November and received it on the west coast end of February, 2-3 weeks ahead of schedule, no deposit required.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wound up ordering the car today and 40 minutes later, another dealer called me and told me that the original carpathian grey RRS that I thought I was getting was still in play. My local dealer said that he tried to call the dealership that had it, but they never called back, so I called a different dealership over the weekend to see if they would call someone else back and they did. Supposedly, It'll be at the dealership tomorrow and I'll be getting the same one that I ordered. The new guy said that he's throwing in some paint protection or something. I didn't have time to ask what that was exactly - anyone ever heard of it?

·
Registered
237 Posts
It's a semi-permanent coating pit on the paint to prevent bird poop stains and hard water stains, etc., kinda like a long lasting wax job, only better protection.
Dealers usually subcontract it out to someone to apply it and it's usually a brand called Perma Plate. I can't remember how much they charged but it's not that good but they're giving it to you for free.
I decided to pass and found a reputable shop to get a brand called Opti-Coat for about $1k and it's so much better than the dealer option.
I would ask if they can discount the price for the paint protection and get it somewhere else with either Cquartz or Opti-Coat. There are some good threads here on them.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's a semi-permanent coating pit on the paint to prevent bird poop stains and hard water stains, etc., kinda like a long lasting wax job, only better protection.
Dealers usually subcontract it out to someone to apply it and it's usually a brand called Perma Plate. I can't remember how much they charged but it's not that good but they're giving it to you for free.
I decided to pass and found a reputable shop to get a brand called Opti-Coat for about $1k and it's so much better than the dealer option.
I would ask if they can discount the price for the paint protection and get it somewhere else with either Cquartz or Opti-Coat. There are some good threads here on them.
OK, thanks. I thought it was some kind of warranty. I don't like anyone washing my car, so I'm going to pass on that.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
1,151 Posts
Almost guarantee it's something called cilajet. That seems to be what dealers try to push.

I did research and had no interest in a the dealer employed detailer touching my car. Free does make it harder to say no though, see if they will give you accessories instead.

I went the opticoat route and have been very pleased. I will have opticoat on every car I buy from now on.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I passed on it, but I'll look into opticoat. Got any pics?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
wow, nice and they put it on the black shiny trim pieces too?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts