RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stupid question, but I’m going to ask anyway. Is the “build date” the date the vehicle will be completed, or the date that it will start to be built?

·
Registered
156 Posts
My build date in the system was 3/29, a Friday. My car was on a ship that left port 4 days later on 4/2, a Tuesday. Unless they work over the weekend, the car was clearly built prior to 3/29.

·
Registered
156 Posts
You do realize they build hundreds of cars per day?

2015.5 HSE SCV6, VelocityAP
I do. I've watched the video of the production line at the JLR factory as well. I searched here and I don't think anyone has outlined exactly how long it takes to build one vehicle. It seems unlikely that the car is completed in one day given paint and the mix of robotic and manual assembly, but I guess it's possible.

·
Registered
69 Posts
How'd you find out when your truck made it to the ship?
When the dealer looks it up in vista, it has build and shipping status. When its on the ship, vista will actually give the name of this ship, and you can follow the ship with a few different sites, marinetraffic.com was a good one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
Noreaster
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing