RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Im in the process of deciding what kind of mods I want to do with my RRS, and since I'm a noob I will continue to ask questions! :lol:
So my question is if I decide to install angel eyes will I replace the entire bulb or lamp? or is it a simply a piece that covers the lamp?

·
Registered
489 Posts
The process of adding halos is somewhat in depth in that you have to throw your headlights in the oven to open them. Not really hard just scary. Wiring them is pretty basic. While you have them open its a good idea to paint that gray insert and install a clear reflector that you have to make yourself.
These have ccfls halos installed

These are some newer style LED halos that i recently installed.

DMLjohnson had some pics up of his LED halos as well if you search halo i believe.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so once the angel eyes life is over, I have to repeat the process?
I'm getting scared just at the shear though of baking my head lights in a oven :crybaby2:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I have come to the conclusion that Angel Eyes are merely cosmetic... As I understand when it reaches the end of its life, you must repeat the same process again to restore it? what is the average life span of a HALO Angel eye?

·
Registered
489 Posts
These newer style LEDs should last much longer than the car. Id be making up numbers if i threw one out. Heres a set i finished today.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I charge $350 plus whatever shipping is both ways, which was $112 recently to MA. SOmetimes i have a set to swap but it depends on timing. Honestly though if you are handy at all and not afraid to throw your lights in the oven for 3 min 30 seconds its not that hard to do. Its more the time to remove stuff and install the halos. The halos alone run $100 because they are shielded unlike the ebay ones that are $10. If you could care less than the ebay ones will work and look good as dmljohnson showed us in another thread. I would be more than happy to help anyone trying to do this themselves.
Things you need to do it yourself.
1. clear reflector material from hardware store. It comes in a big sheet so you can start making reflectors for the trees in your neighborhood when your done.

2. LED halos from wherever you decide to get them from.

3. an oven big enough to heat up your lights. This will not do.

After those all you need is tools.
flat head to pull the lens off.
t-20 torque driver to remove ballasts
paint to cover your gray insert your body color or whatever color you want.
electrical tape for connections.

Im prolly forgetting something but not sure. Good luck and do it at a time when the wifes not around as they tend to complain about their kitchen and their oven.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Nice instructions.

A bit OT but has anyone put googly eyes on their headlight covers? I'm thinking about 3.5" diameter i.e.

... it would be for daytime use only.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey, I just noticed my HID lights never turn off even during the day. I have my lights set to AUTO yet my HIDS are still on even when I turn the settings to off anyone know if this is normal?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
They must have enabled Daytime Running Lights in your car in error (unless you live in Canada, in which case that's the way they are designed to work.) With the DRL function active, your low beams, license plate and side lamps (and probably tail lamps, depending on what type of DRL mode is enabled, Canadian or Scandinavian) are always on during daytime whether you leave the switch in the off or auto position. You can still flash to pass, but during the day the high beams will not operate and the instrument cluster will not illuminate.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts