RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an aftermarket fuel pump for my 98rr and i noticed that id did not come with a connection for the skinny fuel line. What is that skinny line for? what should I do?

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
fuel return line. Take it back and get a correctly outfitted replacement.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
972 Posts
trainhound said:
I bought an aftermarket fuel pump for my 98rr and i noticed that id did not come with a connection for the skinny fuel line. What is that skinny line for? what should I do?

Hi
What brand is it?
I would avoid that brand in future.

regds

kapila

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't remember the brand but I bought it off ebay. Does anyone know where I can get a pump with a return line to fit into the fuel pump cartridge?

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
I guess it depends. mines done about 30,000 clicks mainly on LPG but with the fuel pump running all that time on maybe 3 full tanks of petrol in that mileage and the pump I put in doesn't have a return hose, i just made sure the small cup the pump picks up from has the return hose going into that so the bottom of the cup gets the return fuel and its not dumped direct into the tank.

I retro fitted a GOSS branded pump from a Holden Commodore to do the job, was $85 Australian and a few hours of my time.

Mine looked the same as this one:

·
Registered
550 Posts
Same here. I'm still good after an emission test and 20K+ miles.
This post may be of help for your generic pump:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=23635

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
John I have the same setup I see in your picture, can you explain a little better just how you re-routed the return line?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,421 Posts
I pulled the pump itself out of the assembly and fitted one like that into my RRC pump/fuel sender assembly.

As a result, the hoses just connected to the original fittings on the outside of the pump.

·
Registered
972 Posts
jsp said:
I guess it depends. mines done about 30,000 clicks mainly on LPG but with the fuel pump running all that time on maybe 3 full tanks of petrol in that mileage and the pump I put in doesn't have a return hose, i just made sure the small cup the pump picks up from has the return hose going into that so the bottom of the cup gets the return fuel and its not dumped direct into the tank.

I retro fitted a GOSS branded pump from a Holden Commodore to do the job, was $85 Australian and a few hours of my time.

Mine looked the same as this one:

Hi,
Apparently this is not a submersible pump. To where did u attach this?
and can it take diesel too?.(mine is a diesel Rangie)
can I have a web site that sells this pump?

regds

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,421 Posts
The one in the pic is a submersible pump. I bought the same one and fitted it in my tank as mentioned above.

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
ok, I found the pictures.

Here's the hole I butchered :

Here's the new pump (bigger) next to the old pump (smaller)

Here's the new pump inside the fuel tank pump assembly

keep in mind mine is a 94/95 built car and we didn't have any emissions rubbish bogging things down then.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts