RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm selling my car and will be getting a RRS. If the car has to be ordered, it could take a few months to come in. Would a dealership loan me a car, while I'm waiting for my car to come in or is that crazy to ask for? I remember hearing that a dealership did that for someone I knew, but didn't verify the story.

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
Absolutely not. No dealer in the LRNA network is obligated or required to provide a loaner car at any time. Many do, but for established owners while their previously purchased vehicles are in for extended service or trouble shooting.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, thanks

·
Registered
2016 RR Sport SC Dynamic
1,230 Posts
I doubt they would loan or even rent out a vehicle, but your best bet may be to see if they would be willing to do a short term lease on a vehicle. Can't hurt to ask.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
75 Posts
I'd be very surprised if a dealer would loan out a car for a few months -- they generally wouldn't be equipped to have loaners that can go out for that period of time. A few days or a week as a stop gap between cars, sure, but not for months. That said, you'll never know for sure unless you ask.

·
Registered
RR Sport
93 Posts
Dealers deal in general with rental companies as well and have special rates. So if you go and try to rent an Enterprise for one month they would charge let's say $1500, but would only charge dealer $1000. So ask the dealer , they might be able to work out something nice for you.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome, thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts