Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
I just received a notice from Land Rover last week advising me to see the dealer for this calibration update on my 2016 TD6. Please update us if you notice any driveability changes. I'm always nervous about mandatory calibration updates.

The authorities are putting the manufacturers through the wringer on diesel certifications in this post-VW world.

Thanks,

Greg

· Registered
960 Posts
Just got a recall letter from Land Rover regarding this and I'm not very happy about it. The letter states that the software update will not change performance but could DOUBLE DEF consumption. Double! I can smell the class action lawsuit already. Let's see, $100 or so per tank of DEF over the lifetime of the vehicle, cost now doubled, thanks Land Rover.

*and no I don't spend $100/tank of DEF, I fill it myself with parts store def for like $20, but most owners won't do that.

· Registered
321 Posts
Just got a recall letter from Land Rover regarding this and I'm not very happy about it. The letter states that the software update will not change performance but could DOUBLE DEF consumption. Double! I can smell the class action lawsuit already. Let's see, $100 or so per tank of DEF over the lifetime of the vehicle, cost now doubled, thanks Land Rover.

*and no I don't spend $100/tank of DEF, I fill it myself with parts store def for like $20, but most owners won't do that.
In the letter it states only during hard or aggressive driving lol. I also fill up my DEF tank from local store. Also they say dealer will fill up your tank of DEF free so when you guys do take it in make sure they top it off.

· Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
98 Posts
I drive mostly highway / high speed and long distances so I'll be interested to see how this changes things. Hopefully it won't have an impact on MPG.

If anyone is interested, here's the letter:

· Registered
6 Posts
So my 2016 TD6 gave me the "poor quality DEF fluid" fault for the second time this past weekend. This fault also won't let you restart the car 250 miles after it appears, so it was off to the dealer for the cal update this week. The update cleared the fault.

I just picked it up today, so far it is behaving well.

Greg

· Registered
43 Posts
Just had mine done and took less than 45 mins. DEF level low came on at just shy of 2k miles, and was at Fill DEF Tank within 50 additional miles. 100mi remaining to no start when I pulled into the dealer, 2238mi on the odometer.

Only thing I've noticed so far is the lack of continuous foul odor constantly pouring in through the climate system.

· Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
98 Posts
Just had mine done and took less than 45 mins. DEF level low came on at just shy of 2k miles, and was at Fill DEF Tank within 50 additional miles. 100mi remaining to no start when I pulled into the dealer, 2238mi on the odometer.

Only thing I've noticed so far is the lack of continuous foul odor constantly pouring in through the climate system.
Thanks for the update. I haven't yet had this done, going to wait until my next scheduled service.

· Registered
58 Posts
I got the message as well with only 2128 miles. I am disappointed that I can't just add DEF during the scheduled oil change. I came up with this simple low cost way of buying def at the pump. The def pumps will not pump without a magnet adapter. I modified the adapter to remove the magnet and now I can get def at any DEF pump for under $4.00.

https://www.amazon.com/OPW-MFPD-Mis...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=09QQKCT548873DEJCXAY

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.