RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First let me thank everyone, this forum has been a great help since I purchased my 1993, it is totally a Cherry and I will post pics later. I have tried to put gas in but it acts as if it is full. The gas will drain down once it has been driven, today my wife was only able to put $1.93 in before giving up. I have been using a 2 gallon can of gas but after two hours still have not used the two gallons.

Could any one suggest what the problem may be and/ how to fix it. All help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Gary Ritter

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
So lets get this right. You can't physically fit any more fuel in the tank?

After two hours of driving you can't put 2 gallons in?

My first thought would be the vacuum relief to the tank is blocked and the vacuum is crushing the tank and making it too small.

More info here

http://www.rangerovers.net/repairdetails/fuelpump.htm

If you can just confirm exactly what is going on, that would be peachy.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,759 Posts
Nah, he got tired of his rig dieting so he had her stomache stappled.

OP, have you crawled under to make sure the filler is not crimped or crushed? Have you inspected your tank as well?

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry,

I should have explained it a little better. It was low on gas and when we went to put gas in, it would over flow. The 2 gallons I meant that I had'nt been able to put 2 gallons into the tank, it was if it was blocked. I will check the vacuum relief. I will repost and let you know what I find.

Thanks,

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,759 Posts
I have had that happen once on my P38. One time after 15 mintues I have managed only about 4 gallons. I have made the assumption that it was a pump issue as I was able to go to the next pump and it filled fine. Have you tried another pump yet?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts