RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Putting car in gear AFTER using remote climate/start

Hi everyone. Just picked up a new 2020 Range Rover HSE with the 6 cylinder engine. Pretty awesome vehicle thus far. I have one question I'm hoping someone here may be able to answer b/c I'm stumped:

I commonly remote start my car using the phone app--it works fine. The problem is I don't know how to put the car into gear once I actually get to the car! I get in the car (with the Key fab of course) and the display says to put my foot on the brake to select the gear. When I put my foot on the brake, the engine shuts off--I have
completely restart the car again. This happens if:

I put my foot on the brake pedal

I press the engine start/stop button

I'm not sure what else to try. I can't just drive off, bc the motorized gear selector is still in the down position so you can't change the gear. Just doesn't seem like I should have to turn the engine off when I get in the car only to immediately restart it...weird. I have tried both keys.
Thanks if anyone has any hints.

Michael’s

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
when you start it up remotely, open the door and get in, you should not worry about the start button. you don't need to touch it. just put your foot on the brake, then your dash changes, and shows that the car is ready to go. the gear selector should be up at this point.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for taking a moment to respond. Yep, that’s exactly what I do. I put my foot on the brake and then the car turns off about 3-4 seconds later. The gear selector never rises.
(I only later started trying to press the start button when I was looking for another way to do it since I was so stumped)

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
I'd show it to the dealer then. That's not what's supposed to happen.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I think I will. Thanks for your reply. Its helpful to know that that’s not the way its supposed to work. Does it work appropriately in your 2018 Range Rover? I wasn’t sure if the RR Sport had the same rotary selector as the reg RR.

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
It does work fine in mine. I was with a friend of mine last night who has a '20 and we both remote started our cars. It works as expected for both of us. Yes the Sport is different of course, but the point is that yours doesn't seem to do what it's supposed to. Hopefully it's just a software glitch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got ya. Thanks. Taking it to dealer soon. I decided to have them go ahead and install the activity key module at the same time so just waiting on those parts to arrive. Thanks for the feedback

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
87 Posts
I would try pressing the auto stop/start button to turn the system off before you try to select a gear and see what happens. It could be interfering with something. Just a guess.

Mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great thought. I did try that already. I feel like I’ve tried every possible combination of things at this point. I have thrown in the towel and decided to just take it to the dealer. A little frustrated I have to take it to the dealer with only a couple hundred miles on it but oh well, everything else is working perfectly. I can’t help but think there’s some tiny little setting that I could change that would fix all this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts