RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG I FORGOT HOW SWEET THE RANGE RIDES, I PUT THE STOCKIES BACK ON BECAUSE IM TRYING TO SELL THE RANGE BECAUSE ITS BECOME A MONEY PIT AND I CANT FIND A RELIABLE EXTENDED WARRANTY...AFTER PUTTING THE STOCK WHEELS BACK ON IVE FALLEN IN LOVE WITH THE WAY IT RIDES AGAIN, I DIDNT 100% REALIZE HOW MUCH BIG WHEELS AFFECTED THE RIDE QUALITY/PERFORMANCE ETC .. LMK WHAT YALL THINK... IM GETTING OLDER SO I THINK MY DAYS OF BIG AFTERMARKET WHEELS ARE ALMOST OVER, LET ALONE THEY KILL THE RIDE QUALITY ,, I THINK STOCK WHEELS LOOK MORE PROFESSIONAL.

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
:lol: You mean Land Rover did something right?

It is very VERY rare that I see a Rangie with aftermarket wheels that actually look good. Usually the scale is way off, especially with rubber bands for tread.

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,973 Posts
Maybe with the right wheels on it will behave itself for you now? The harsher ride with low profile wheels not only gives you a harsh ride, but that is transmitted through the whole drivetrain and car....

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I have aftermarket stormer 275/40 R20's that replaced aftermarket stormer 295/40 R20's and as soon as I can I want stock standard 255/55 R19 to get back the true deal Range Rover float the bumps ride quality and lose all the vibration issues low profile tyres cause.

I also think they look better overall - we all need lots of rubber :p

I may even sell the car which i love to buy a standard Range Rover just for the ride....

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gazellio said:
I have aftermarket stormer 275/40 R20's that replaced aftermarket stormer 295/40 R20's and as soon as I can I want stock standard 255/55 R19 to get back the true deal Range Rover float the bumps ride quality and lose all the vibration issues low profile tyres cause.

I also think they look better overall - we all need lots of rubber :p

I may even sell the car which i love to buy a standard Range Rover just for the ride....

i heard that, i was driving it today and couldnt beleive how much of a difference there is, its like riding on a cloud

i even feel better driving it now, before i was having to go real slow over bumps etc...i would keep it if it didnt give me so many issues and i had to put some much $ into it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
My last truck had 24" wheels with 30 series tires and an aftermarket air suspension system, so driving the Range with 35 series tires is a dream for me...lol. I lowered my truck for one day and went back to stock. I am over the mini truck days...

·
Registered
952 Posts
Ace 95 said:
OMG I FORGOT HOW SWEET THE RANGE RIDES, I PUT THE STOCKIES BACK ON BECAUSE IM TRYING TO SELL THE RANGE BECAUSE ITS BECOME A MONEY PIT AND I CANT FIND A RELIABLE EXTENDED WARRANTY...AFTER PUTTING THE STOCK WHEELS BACK ON IVE FALLEN IN LOVE WITH THE WAY IT RIDES AGAIN, I DIDNT 100% REALIZE HOW MUCH BIG WHEELS AFFECTED THE RIDE QUALITY/PERFORMANCE ETC .. LMK WHAT YALL THINK... IM GETTING OLDER SO I THINK MY DAYS OF BIG AFTERMARKET WHEELS ARE ALMOST OVER, LET ALONE THEY KILL THE RIDE QUALITY ,, I THINK STOCK WHEELS LOOK MORE PROFESSIONAL.
Good taste thanks you for doing that. Now only about 10,000 ridiculously pimped RRs to correct.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Ace 95.

I've always used the general rule of installing wheels 2" taller than stock, just to avoid your exact situation from happening.

The bigger wheels only give a greater feel on turn in if you stick to my theory, as I've driven a FFRR on 22"s recently and the ride was very similar to the standard OEM 18" fitment down under, but remember the wider and lower profile tyres can also accept lower air pressures than standard so this is the 'art' in adjusting your new rims to suit the vehicle in question I think ?

Dark colours really need larger rims to make them 'look right', so I've attached some wheels from Speedy which are available !

Cheerio,

Vinniman.
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

Attachments

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
vinniman said:
Ace 95.

I've always used the general rule of installing wheels 2" taller than stock, just to avoid your exact situation from happening.

The bigger wheels only give a greater feel on turn in if you stick to my theory, as I've driven a FFRR on 22"s recently and the ride was very similar to the standard OEM 18" fitment down under, but remember the wider and lower profile tyres can also accept lower air pressures than standard so this is the 'art' in adjusting your new rims to suit the vehicle in question I think ?

Dark colours really need larger rims to make them 'look right', so I've attached some wheels from Speedy which are available !

Cheerio,

Vinniman.
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

sorry man but those wheels are brutal!! :oops:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
remington said:
Ace 95 said:
Good taste thanks you for doing that. Now only about 10,000 ridiculously pimped RRs to correct.

Yea I didnt get many looks from the wheels even though I thought they looked good...I just felt like it was trying a little too hard with the 24's == like my buddy said, hell its a RANGE ROVER, you dont need rims. I even feel better driving the truck now..they looked classy i thought but at the same time, i felt like it made the truck look a little ghetto...lesson learned, o by the way i just turned 29 so maybe im getting old. [email protected]!!

·
Registered
405 Posts
If you want to modify your RR but not pimp it, The Overfinch 20 inch wheels look nice and classy and don't kill the ride or off road ability.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Mine came with triple sport 18'' alloys, poor ride and never felt if the steering wheel was attached to anything, gone back to 16'' and now it is how it should be. Smooth and direct.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
john-sussex said:
Mine came with triple sport 18'' alloys, poor ride and never felt if the steering wheel was attached to anything, gone back to 16'' and now it is how it should be. Smooth and direct.

Is that P38? Surely the 2003 L322 did not come with 16" wheels?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Gazellio said:
john-sussex said:

Is that P38? Surely the 2003 L322 did not come with 16" wheels?
Sorry yes, forgot it was a third gen forum :oops:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Did you get the factory tire road noise back as well? I think (Dunlop?) the tires that were on my stock rims were the loudest most obnoxious noisemakers regardless of the pavement.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Man-O-War said:
Did you get the factory tire road noise back as well? I think (Dunlop?) the tires that were on my stock rims were the loudest most obnoxious noisemakers regardless of the pavement.
I have the Dunlops on my OEM 20" Rims and they are a bit noisy especially in the wet. The Toyos on my other RR are almost silent.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Man-O-War said:

No i have michelins and they are a quiet and smooth. :thumb:

·
Registered
543 Posts
G Unit.

Michelin hands down brother. Since the FFRR's are sold globally, more specific brands might be suitable for different conditions.

I've run Miche's on Vauxhall Corsa'[s, MTB's, my factory Rangie whether dry pavement-wet pavement-clay mud-sand etc etc etc.

Cheerio,

Vinniman.
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts