RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having one hell of a time locating a new evap cannister purge valve. A couple used ones are all I can find. Failing inspection without it so need it asap.
Thanks in advance or any help.

·
Registered
19 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Many D2 owners use this model. Should work on your truck too....

Walt.... I have seen the install of this purge valve on youtube into a bosh engine. the ports are in line whereas my gems is on same side at 90 to each other.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I was thinking of purge valve I replaced on my Bosch engine, so didn't realize that GEMS had something that looks nothing like the one I used. Anyways, quick search shows that WTV000040 looks awfully alike like the one used on GEMS P38. If this part is interchangeable, there are quite a few outlets that carry it. It's a solenoid, so I would stay away from used ones. Maybe worth a try?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No worries. I actually ended up with this part but its got a much wider throat on the down tube so I returned it. I have since found out that the part is not available from anyone. Struggling to find an alternative. Cannot pass inspection without it. I have no idea what to do next!!!!

·
Registered
838 Posts
There are quite a few variation to the purge valve available, if you expand the search horizon to other models. There is another variation in LR003489, which looks very similar as well. If the electrical connector is exactly the same, the valve will probably function as designed as long as you source and attached vacuum hose to increase/decrease pipe diameter.

I've had a similar situation a few years ago when another emissions related solenoid went bad on my vehicle. Ended up finding a similar looking part by chance at a local auto parts store. The part was designed for Saturn, but it fits and functions as it should.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts