RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I'm new to the brand so I apologize ahead. I'm looking to order '14 RR in the next week or so but I was hoping you all can help me answering some questions.
1. Is it worth it to get a v8 supercharge? I was able to test drive the supercharge but not the HSE at my dealership. I thought the power on the supercharge was pretty good. I'm coming from '12 Cayenne V6 (but I also have 911S)

2. Can you order the Autobiography Wheels on the Supercharge or HSE? If so, anyone knows the price?

3. What's the typical wait time? My dealer told me 10-12 months for supercharge and 8-10 for HSE.

4. Typical discounts?

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was at the dealer this weekend looking at Evoques for my wife. The dealer told me his wait list is so long on HSE's he may not even be able to place all the orders they currently have in 2014. The wait time you mention was what he told me the best case scenario is right now.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have owned a 14 HSE FFRR w/ the SC V6 for a few months before trading it in for a LWB ATB. The V6 has adequate power, but strains under duress and definitely is not in it's elements in motivating this vehicle. Overall experience is not what can be called "elegant", quite a departure from otherwise a brilliant car. We ordered in late august, and got it in late November 13 (3 month wait). We ordered the ATB in January 14, and it's due to arrive in late April or early may. Both times we dealt with Steve at Birmingham LR. Great guy!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hello all,
I'm new to the brand so I apologize ahead. I'm looking to order '14 RR in the next week or so but I was hoping you all can help me answering some questions.
1. Is it worth it to get a v8 supercharge? I was able to test drive the supercharge but not the HSE at my dealership. I thought the power on the supercharge was pretty good. I'm coming from '12 Cayenne V6 (but I also have 911S)

2. Can you order the Autobiography Wheels on the Supercharge or HSE? If so, anyone knows the price?

3. What's the typical wait time? My dealer told me 10-12 months for supercharge and 8-10 for HSE.

4. Typical discounts?

Thanks in advance!!
V8 supercharged is the best way to go IMO unless your concerned about gas mileage.

If your talking about the style 7 "turbine" style wheels. You can order them separately from your SC or HSE but it will cost you about $8K just for the wheels form the dealer.

That wait time is about right but you may check with other local dealers.

I don't know of any discounts due to the trucks high demand and low production. Many dealers are charging over list. I would not pay over list.

Good luck it will be worth the wait.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Just to add to the excellent information above, I was quoted closer to $10K for the Style 7 ATB wheels, tires and mounting/balancing for a non-ATB vehicle (and partly why I decided to just get the ATB).

The V6 engine is not a good choice as it revs and strains under even moderate load and minimally spirited driving. If you normally drive slowly and don't accelerate often, then it's fine. But who wants that...

Wait times vary by dealer, what kind of quotas they have and where you fit on their wait list. Both of my ATBs took about 4 months from order to delivery, but then again I had purchased a number of cars from the same dealer previously and they're a very high volume dealer.

Expect zero discounts off MSRP for new orders. Lightly used cars go for $10K - $30K over MSRP. It's nuts.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I was at the dealer this weekend looking at Evoques for my wife. The dealer told me his wait list is so long on HSE's he may not even be able to place all the orders they currently have in 2014. The wait time you mention was what he told me the best case scenario is right now.
Coincidentally, I was at my neighborhood dealer (Hornburg Santa Monica) looking at Evoques for the GF and decided to check out a couple '14 Supercharged & Autobiographies. The sales guy said that they were getting $30k over sticker from people who had to have the car "today". And the backorder list was insane.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts