RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm stepping into line to buy a new 2010 Range Rover SC when available at the dealerships. But I'm confused as to what comes standard on the supercharged (SC) model versus what is optional. For example, is the climate package standard on SC? I'm in Texas and it's hot! Cooled seats are a nice feature. I've heard about 20" tires, but are different rims optional to give a unique look? Also, I'm trying to understand if the Rear Seat Entertainment System is worth it?? I'm just now an empty nester and while I do take long highway trips to the ranch, it seems that the RSE may not be needed; however, if it's standard with the SC, then Ok. On the other hand, if the RSE is a really cool feature worth the few extra bucks, then I'm fine with that too... Also, any insight to pricing would be appreciated (not that I'm bargain hunting). I'm being told by the dealerships that I need to run down and plop $2,000 down and that they're not planning on discounting these vehicles. Seems a little bullish on the sales expectations, but maybe they should be... Thanks for any feedback...

·
Registered
106 Posts
No dealer is ever planning on discounting a new model before it hits the showroom floor. These things will be piled up on dealer lots soon enough. But if you really must be the first to have a new toy, you'll always pay for the honor.

·
Registered
80 Posts
CombatNinja said:
BTW, drive the standard model before you buy the supercharged, I think a Range rover needs 500bhp like a fish needs a bicycle.
You may be right about that however, we all drive Range Rovers instead of other cheaper less well appointed SUV's that'd quite easily get us to work and back and still do a bit of weekend offroading, so I'd say go for the 500 BHP!
The other thing is this. Imagine being stopped at the lights in your standard Rangie and having a SuperCharged Rangie pull up alongside!
I can't afford a brand new one just yet so I'm not making the decision of course, but I know what I would do.

Cheers,
Damo.

·
Registered
522 Posts
The supercharged version usually gets everything standard, so yes it will get the climate package. The only thing optional before was the wheels, the rear entertainment, and for 09, the extra leather for the interior. But this might all change for the 2010. I would get the s/c if you have the means and if you have kids, get the rear entertainment, Land Rover is hands down the most integrated OEM system I've ever seen. You control a 6 DVD changer from the touch screen in the front, you can have multiple video sources and audio sources and you can watch the DVD on the nav screen when in park. And now even you passenger can watch when driving...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DKCf_MG3C8

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
272 Posts
Agree with Texas911. The RES is fabulous. The system is very integrated and can autoplay 6cds (one finishes and another loads). Plus we can listen to the stereo up front while the lads (6&8) listen to their movie via the headphones. It will help with the resale.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts