RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there - I am very close to buying a 2014 RRS V8SC, dynamic pack. Some questions:

The heated steering wheel button - I tried testing this and no light illuminated to indicate anything was working. It was a hot day yesterday, does just ignore the request? Should a light on the instrument cluster show that it is active?

The parking sensors just would not work - can they be deactivated? I pressed the parking sensor button but a small light illuminated/blinked to the right of the button. That's all... The car has lots of cameras and they all seem to work.

Can I check the car for any error/service codes via the infotainment system? It had a fully digital speedo - but was not sure how explore it during the test drive. I kept pressing the left stalk end button and did very little. The right stalk end button just operated the rear washer/wiper.

They said they would sort out any issues with the parking sensors prior to sale. Also, they are offering a third party warranty (3yr/36kmi), no deductibles, serviceable by any Land Rover dealer for $3500. The warranty company would be "US Warranty"

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
To answer the question about the heated steering wheel, the light is very hard to see during the daytime; impossible if the sun is shining in the drivers area. There is no indicator on the dash. If the button is accidently pressed, you won't know until the wheels uncomfortably warm on an 80 degree day.

·
Registered
49 Posts
You can also check if the heated steering is turned on by going to the "Eco" function (whatever the name is) on infotainment console and look how the gas is being used. Eg. if the heated/ cooler seats are turned on, A/C, steering wheel, etc.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Regarding the warranty, even if this car/model is very reliable I will subscribe that, electronic parts can be very high in cost.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Parking sensors are a bit different on LRs in general. They only come on under 5mph I believe. You can hit the button and turn them on and then they work just like other sensors in other cars. they actually work quite well.

There is very little you can do with the speedo screen. It can display some very simple info but that's it. you use the cross shaped button the the left side of the steering wheel to set settings but no other configs.

If you go to the 4x4 screen on the nav screen you'll see some other stuff, and if you put the car in Low Range I believe you'll see some additional info ... very limited in that sense though.

The left stock button changes very little in the info displayed at the very bottom of the panel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts