RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
plan on gettting a range rover sport this week,,,, live in so cali,,,, any dealers you guys recommend for pricing,,,, dont wanna pay full msrp,, not getting the supercharged model so i dont see why i would have to pay that much,,,, what kind of discount sounds reasonable,,, thanks

·
Registered
485 Posts
I live in SoCal, too. No one can tell you what deal you may get. These items a hot right now, and few are discounted. Just go to your dealer and see if he has any. You may get a grand off the top, if you ask and are ready to move on it. Just pay the man and drive home happy.

·
Registered
32 Posts
A few of us RRS owners got together a few weekends ago, and it seemed I was the happiest with my dealer/salesman. Jason at Newport was really good to me.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
vip-culture.com said:
found a dealer up in encino...they have a LOT of cars up there and will honor the x-plan
Of course cause Encino is the largest Rover Dealer in the world and they used to sell Range Rovers as more then 50% of their volume.

I would guess the sports have probably dropped that a little bit so that Range Rovers are around 45% of their volume now.

When you are selling a few hundred Rovers a month you can afford to sell everything at a big discount. I can't imagine how hard it must be for other Rover dealers nearby Encino because no matter how good the deal you offer someone Encino is always going to beat it cause they don't care. So they sell a Range Rover at 500 over invoice or maybe even under invoice it does not matter because they are going to sell 150 other Range Rovers that month. Most Land Rover dealers can't do that because they only sell 2-3 Range Rovers a month.

We run into that problem with some of the New Jersey dealers, Paramus and Parsipany mostly, sometimes but for the most part they play in Jersey and we play in CT so it is not a problem.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
vip-culture.com said:
i wish they were selling it at invoice...i was just happy they would take the x-plan. But looking at their online inventory and if it's true they have a LOT of RRS
X-plan is like 4% or 6% over invoice so that is a pretty good deal for no work on the part of the customer. Just hand in your X-plan PIN and get that price.

Acording to the rumor mill around here Encino got 7 or 8 vesivuius first edition sports and probably sold them all for 25k over MSRP.

·
Registered
643 Posts
The prices listed are MSRP, and not what they "want" for them. Unless they really don't move for many more months, they'll sell for over MSRP. Heck, I'd buy a Vesuvious one and sell it to a sucker over here... they've all gone between $15K and $25K USD over.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I guess the suckers that wanted that color already bought them... it's really quite ridiculous paying $15K to $25K more than MSRP for little more than a color!

·
Registered
343 Posts
i agree it is...but if you think about it...people that dont flinch at paying that kind of money tacked on...i dont think they're too worried about money if u know what i mean.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Klassen619 said:
Anyone know anything about landrover miramar in san deigo? Are they good to their customers? Thanks
They're ok. I went in last August asking for a RRS SC but came out with a RRS HSE a month later. They weren't bending over backwards to get me into a SC if that says anything about them. Maybe it was because at the time they had a 6 month waitlist for SCs and can get me into an HSE in a month with everything we wanted. I'm bringing in the HSE this week for it's first service. A good thing about them is they offer lifetime oil changes, unlike some dealers.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I was able to get mine for $500 under MSRP when I purchased in August. I went through a broker though. But he was great because he did all the legwork for me and he didn't charge me a thing. I basically told him what I wanted, and he contacted all the dealerships I was willing to drive to do all the negotiations. Give him a try.

Dennis Carlson
http://www.getyourbestprice.com
[email protected]
(415) 472-5008

If you don't want to go through a broker, I've learned that the best way is to talk directly with the fleet manager and not bothering with a salesperson. A salesperson really holds no decision-making power and has to obtain approval from the sales manager anyway. The fleet manager does not need to gain any approval. They also typically do not care much about markup since they mainly purchase in bulk and can usually give you a better deal. However I'm not certain whether Land Rover employs fleet managers since they are more exclusive than say a Toyota dealership which may push three-times the volume of Land Rover and therefore would need a fleet manager.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts