RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a first time Range Rover Sport buyer and I plan on buying the car in the next few months. I have been trying to figure out if there is a good time of the year when Range Rover has extra incentives.

Also, how flexible have people found dealers to be when negotiating the price. The price seems to be around $64k and change for purchasing.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

I look forward to sending out pictures of the new ride...

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
260 Posts
If your looking to purchase and finance through the dealer make sure they don't eat up the $1.500 incentive from JP Morgan Chase. If you finance through them you are intitled to a $1,500 rebate...

·
Registered
325 Posts
2011s will be in Sept. October. Dealers usually discount heavily previous/current model years to about $3,000-$8,000.

I will see what the 2011s have in store in terms of changes and I may jump the gun. If there is a smoking deal on a 2010 at the same time, I will probably go for that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you heard of any possible changes to the 2011 model?

I thought that they did the big overhaul to the 2010 model and they change every 2 years?

·
Registered
325 Posts
I haven't heard of any changes but they usually add/remove a color choice every year and introduce new wheels. Or, they add something prior that was optional as standard. E.G. 2006 didn't have bluetooth standard and in 07, it became standard.

I figure this. I rather buy at the very beginning of the model year to get more enjoyment and minimize the depreciation. A 2010 you buy now compared to a guy who bought last November will have the same resale value in 4 years. If the car loses 30,000 in 3 years, the guy in November got $15,000 more value out of it.

Thats what I do when I compare the last- years discounts. I expect at least $5,000-$8,000 for a close-out prior year new car on lot discount.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts