Range Rovers Forum banner

Purchasing a 2020

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Mancerator 
#1 ·
Looking at buying my first Range Rover Sport and could use advice from those of you who have owned these before. I typically load out a car but want to make sure I don't buy a feature that is a waste. Any advice on builds would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
Winged headrests are one of the best features I’ve found along with adaptive cruise control.

Upgraded Meridian surround sound is also nice.

I like the luxury/extended leather package, stitched leather steering wheel, and stitched leather dash instead of vinyl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#3 ·
At a minimum:
-Get Drive Pro (for adaptive cruise control).
-4 zone climate control (if you ever carry rear passengers they'll appreciate plus it just looks better w/ the rear controls)
-380 Meridian (though you only need to add this if you're getting an SE). But strongly consider getting the 825 Meridian surround. the 380 is fine, but the 825 is superb.

Consider not getting:
-Cooled seats. Reason is that w/ the cooled seats the foam is thinner to make room for the cooled seat apparatus. Atleast test drive one w /cooled seats before you buy to see if you find the seats comfortable.
-HUD: To me, the best part about the HUD is getting nav directions projected on the windshield. But you'll likely just end up using CarPlay or AA for navigation since the standard system is clunky in many ways.

If you are getting an SE or HSE 6 cyl, I'd also consider getting the off-road package as it includes adaptive dampers (which really should be standard IMO). Higher trims include these.

#4 ·
My personal recommendations:

HUD display
I prefer the front and rear heated/cooled seats
Ebony headlining
Carbon fiber interior trim - the piano black will scratch and will have fingerprints
Meridian signature if you can afford it $4540 option
All the drive and park packs
2020’s come pre wired for deployable side steps so a good option
I wish I had the CD player because they contain higher quality music than what you can download or play through Bluetooth. Obviously old tech but if you have any it would be noticeable
Soft door close
Front cooler does come in handy

Not worth it:

Carbon fiber engine cover
Activity key
Wade sensing

Worth noting that the summer tire option is a 295/40/22 tire which is a street tire and not suitable for snow - not even a 1/4”. The alternative size or all season is 285/40/22 which has more tire options but is a smaller diameter tire. If you live in a cold climate the 295/40/22 are laughable just opt for the 285 versions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
*Consider the tow package even if you don't tow as the receiver will also accommodate bike racks, etc, is pricey to add later and may even help resale as few of those on the showroom floor seem to have it. The package may also include heavy duty cooling/brakes/trans cooler but I'm not certain.
*Full-sized spare that matches the other 4 wheels. Note: The compact spare has been referred to as "full-size" as it's the same diameter but it's much narrower, speed and distance restricted and comes on a non-matching steel wheel.
  • Heated and cooled front and rear seats.
  • Heated windshield which was a no cost option in 2018.
  • All season tires will generally last a lot longer than high performance summer tires and do better in wet/snow but I don't know if you can specify which you want. Options, wheel size, etc may dictate which ones you get from the factory.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.