• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , i am new to the site. My name is JR.
I am interested in buying a friend of mines RR, but a few things that i wanted to ask.
its a 2003 Range Rover HSE, 130,000 on it and that scares me. The body is in great shape, including the wheels and tires. Interior is good considering the high miles. Everything seems to work. Truck runs and drives very smooth and quite (moving and driving). Seems to have original transmission and shifts perfectly. Suspension (air ride) was removed and replaced with springs and shock kit. A/c is cold, no error light at all and vehicle history shows proper service records. What else can i check ? I know these trucks bmw engines and brake systems and seems to work well. I am looking to get a year year or 2 out of it.
Guys give me some feedback please .
Thanks .

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
122 Posts
if the price is around 10k then go for it. Check the PCV hoses and look for any coolant leaks and oil around the valve covers and timing cover. If you can DIY maintenance and repairs then its a no brainer. This is by far the easier vehicle I've worked on next to a fox chassis mustang. Everything is pretty accessible and I dont think i've touched anything other than 10,13,16,17,22,32 mm wrenches or sockets and a small for a variety of different things on the car and a small torx set and allen set will get at almost anything in the interior.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
130,000 is just about when the trans explodes... Also check the cooling system completely, even if it looks good there is a high probability you'll need to drop some coin on replacing it down the road.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts