RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover MkIV / L405
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I just joined it since I just purchased 2018 RR today,

I found there are pretty bad winkles and mark on beige leather, we compare with other new ones but only this one has this, dealer and service advisor agree this thing looks defect and they can replace seat. But I do not want to tear a part my new car, and I want to return this and order a 2019MY. This one has 125miles on it, so there were someone test drove before. Dealer said he need to talk to manager so want us to comeback tomorrow, and we said yes. We could not really change to another one since this is only TD6 model they have in the lot.

Could anyone give advice on this? Additional note is transaction involved with trade in two cars and paid cash about 50k. We want to return this and order MY 19 from this dealer, will it be possible? (We need car to drive, since we trade-in two cars) if it would be hard,,, what would be recommended action..?

P.S. addition to this winkle and spot, there were a lot of small scratches and stains when we get it, we removed stains but scratches on leather are not removable.

Thank you very much!!

1.jpg WeChat Image_20180606184025.jpg

·
Administrator
27,798 Posts
Re: Purchased new 2018 MY New today, but leather winkle foun

Was this a special order vehicle or was this a lot purchase?

If this was a special order nobody would have touched it and any mileage would have been from PDI and any thing that had to be rectified prior to handing it over.

If this was a lot purchase, it is very common for them to be driven by folks interested in a purchase. This would be especially true of a diesel since they are a newer power plant for the States. More importantly you purchased it with the flaws and mileage noted. The dealer is working with you and offering to replace the seat with the wrinkles. Replacing a seat takes under 30 minutes and does NOT involve "tearing apart" anything. It involves a very easy base trim removal, four nuts or bolts and disconnecting electrical connections. The dealer can certainly have a detailer look into the scratches.

I think expecting the dealer to cancel this transaction after you made the purchase in this condition is really unfair to the dealer. Something else to consider is how many miles have you put on it while you have had it. I would allow the dealer to replace the seat and work with them on the scratches. Then you can enjoy many years in a great diesel.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Hello, Thanks for the input, couple things I did not mentioned : The seat has problem is rear passenger side seat and i have to see again but it seems like connected to center and right, the word "tear apart" was not from me, it was from service advisor, she said she does not want to tear a part new car and cannot garantee it would have perfect shape. I was fine with replacing seat but after hear what she said, I don't really feel to tear a part, if it's simple swap take 30 min i would be fine, but again it was from service advisor, and I had that impression. We did not want to drive back but dealer said we drive back today and lets talk to manager tomorrow, that is why we drove back.

Thank you for your advice, if it's simple replace, I would be fine to just replace it, dealer noted mile as 46 and change to 125 when we sign it, and said it's brand new so we would not expect any defect damages like this.

·
Registered
151 Posts

I think expecting the dealer to cancel this transaction after you made the purchase in this condition is really unfair to the dealer. Something else to consider is how many miles have you put on it while you have had it. I would allow the dealer to replace the seat and work with them on the scratches. Then you can enjoy many years in a great diesel.
Agree, replacing the seat is probably one of the least invasive things a dealer can do. They "tear apart" more of the car during a service.

·
Administrator
27,798 Posts

I didn't even catch that was the back seat. So that is the 60 portion of the 60/40 split. The back and bottom are separate pieces and the entire assembly unbolts to be removed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had a similar problem on my front passenger seat (pimento). Got the seat replaced by the dealer. Honestly, I am not sure if they changed the seat or just did some detailing on it. Looks alright now though.

·
Registered
623 Posts

Hello, Thanks for the input, couple things I did not mentioned : The seat has problem is rear passenger side seat and i have to see again but it seems like connected to center and right, the word "tear apart" was not from me, it was from service advisor, she said she does not want to tear a part new car and cannot garantee it would have perfect shape. I was fine with replacing seat but after hear what she said, I don't really feel to tear a part, if it's simple swap take 30 min i would be fine, but again it was from service advisor, and I had that impression. We did not want to drive back but dealer said we drive back today and lets talk to manager tomorrow, that is why we drove back.

Thank you for your advice, if it's simple replace, I would be fine to just replace it, dealer noted mile as 46 and change to 125 when we sign it, and said it's brand new so we would not expect any defect damages like this.
easy peesy to replace.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have similar problem with my driver seat looks almost exactly the same. My dealer has claimed it to Landrover but still no response after one month... Any idea where to send a mail to try to speed it up?

·
Administrator
27,798 Posts
You don't send mail, you call. Call your regional LR head quarters and explain the situation. Make sure to have dates and names if possible. Ask for a case number. The case number will carry through to your dealer and shows regional that someone is not responding on the other end.

https://www.landrover.es/contact-us.html

I know very little Spanish so you are on your own with this... 8)

ATENCIÓN AL CLIENTE

Edificio Torre Picasso
Plaza Pablo Ruiz Picasso 1, planta 42
28020 Madrid

Email: [email protected]

Teléfono (consultas generales): 902 440 550.
Teléfono (consultas sobre tu Land Rover): 900 920 909

Horario: de lunes a jueves de 9h-18h y viernes de 9h-15h.

·
Administrator
27,798 Posts
Good find Totya.

It really is not that big of an issue. Leather is a natural item. Although shaved and heavily processed it will still have varied thickness. Even the slightest flaw in the stamp cutting process can impact the finish product.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks for the contact details! I have seen the statement in the 2019 order guide and the wrinkles that they describe there is ok and I have that kind of wrinkles as well. The one that I have claimed is similar to the pictures above in this tread and they are not acceptable in a car for almost 150000€ So yes a small issue but this kind of car shall have “0” issues. The leathers work in my previous MY17 was in a fantastic high level but it’s unfortunately not the same level in my MY18, hopefully it’s adjusted for MY19.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
the picture int this thread is completely in-line with what the order guide talks about. these seats are redesigned. They're not meant to look like the '17s. There's nothing to fix here.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
52 Posts
That leather should have been marked "defective" with a color crayon before it was cut. I've seen that on the Velocity Channel program "How its made Dream Cars" Those pieces were discarded. Make the dealer swap the seat out with another car, or recover the backrest from a factory cover. I would never accept that.

·
Administrator
27,798 Posts
Yes surf it should have been, but it wasn't and viable options need to be posed. There is unlikely to be an identical interior on the lot. A correct seat back assembly can be ordered in and changed out. You certainly do NOT want the dealer dealing with changing out the upholstery cover. If the dealer wants to go that route it needs to be sent to a proper upholstery shop.

This issue still is not a big deal since the dealer has shown they are willing to work with the OP.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ok so you guys would accept the one with the wrinkles in this post? One pic shows the driver seat and the other shows the same spot at the passenger seat which is perfect done. I could accept this wrinkles in areas where the seat have to expand or increase but this area is not that type of area.

Attachments

·
Registered
623 Posts
Ok so you guys would accept the one with the wrinkles in this post? One pic shows the driver seat and the other shows the same spot at the passenger seat which is perfect done. I could accept this wrinkles in areas where the seat have to expand or increase but this area is not that type of area.
no. it should have never passed quality control. should have been re-done at the plant.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hello, this is op, and just update result after meet with dealer.
Dealer agree this is defect and offer us couple options,
1.Replace leather and fully detail
2.Change to another 18 MY in the lot and pay difference MSRP.
3. Agree to re-purchase at slight discounted price(~we agree certain discount per months) current MY 18, trade-in for MY 19.

We choose option 3 and ordered MY 19.
This was our first range rover, we have expecting new born baby next week, so we change from Porsche.
We had 5 brand new Porsche, never had this kind of issue, also had 10+ Mercedes, BMW, Audi, never experienced this issue. This should not pass quality control for $100k+ vehicle. But we were satisfied with dealer's solution thou.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Update. My dealer has now get an answer from Landrover Spain that leather is an natural material and this is normal... So they refuce to fix it. To me it seems only to be a poorly done work. Its not my first car with leather seats and I can accept wrinkles in flexible areas of the seat but this ia not that kind of area.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts