RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a 2018 RRS Supercharged that I think was a demo for the land rover experience. Has less than 5000 miles, but I'm concerned that it's more like 20000 given the rugged use on those trails.
Any opinions on this board about generally about purchasing these demos?

TIA

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
I would probably take it. The warranty will last just as long, and they probably took care of it at the experience center better than the average owner.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I drove a 2017 RRS Supercharged at the Land Rover Experience last year. It had about 3k miles on it, and felt great. We didn't really push it that hard, and the tracks they use aren't bad at all. Maybe some suspension articulation, but nothing crazy. I did notice that the trim was pretty scratched inside from keys and 2-way radios inside, so as long as they changed those out, I'd be fine with buying one.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
1,151 Posts
Going to do the full day experience in Asheville next month, can’t wait!

With that said I imagine the major issues will be cosmetic from interior and exterior scratches. Cars probably were not flogged due to being on trails instead of the track.

Are those cars even titled or are they sold as untitled used demo vehicles? If you go for it make sure it’s cpo and you get full plus even extended warranty on it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Going to do the full day experience in Asheville next month, can’t wait!

With that said I imagine the major issues will be cosmetic from interior and exterior scratches. Cars probably were not flogged due to being on trails instead of the track.

Are those cars even titled or are they sold as untitled used demo vehicles? If you go for it make sure it’s cpo and you get full plus even extended warranty on it.
They all had manufacturer plates, and the instructor said they're resold as demo cars. The RRS I drove was really nicely optioned (SC V8), and they all seemed to be in good shape.

Enjoy it - I went to the one in Vermont, and it was a blast!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Excellent. Thanks so much for the input. It is CPO and being sold by Land Rover dealer. Inside wasn't terribly scratched or damaged, but did show some wear.

Dealer has confirmed CPO warranty is available. The tires and wheels are beat up and it's in need of a really good detail, but sounds like it couldn't have been driven so hard that I should stop looking at it. Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
1,157 Posts
i've driven LRE vehicles twice at Quail Lodge in Carmel, CA and they've brought their vehicles to many of NCLR's events. they've always been in better shape than any of our LRs lol. seriously, the LRE vehicles i drove were top notch, well maintained and when you're taking a class, you're following the the driving instructor's directions so i can't imagine any opportunity to seriously harm the vehicle. it's not like it's a rental/lease where you drive it as you please.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I bought mine in this part of the world as former landrover demo car. used for LRE days and terapods etc. it had 16k km (10k miles) on it when I bought it from landrover. I figured that any niggles would be ironed out by landrover because they would not want to demo a faulty car. That was about 18 months ago. So far so good, no issues whatsoever.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts