Buy the extended warranty

• Total voters
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,
We have just purchased a 2008 Range Rover and pick it up tomorrow.

The question I have for you is; If you own a 2007 or 2008 how has it been holding up?

The reason I ask is I had bought the extended warranty for my 04 Rover for $4500 to protect it till 100K or 2011. But I have not used it at all other than a replaced expansion tank ($169 cost).

So should I buy the extended warranty for the 2008 for $3000 for the 100K / 4year?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I have a 2007 Vogue TDV8 and so far so good plus I think the 2007+ models are a lot more reliable than their predecessors. Fingers crossed anyway.

·
Registered
565 Posts
My 2007 had a head gasket blow but my 2008 has had no issues thus far (30k miles)

·
Registered
405 Posts
0 problems with my 08 other than rolling it hard while off roading and ending up with a 09. 0 problems with the 09 now.

·
Registered
565 Posts
texige said:
0 problems with my 08 other than rolling it hard while off roading and ending up with a 09. 0 problems with the 09 now.
I know this is slightly off-topic but since you brought it up, tell us the story of your roll.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I passed on the warranty, but have the option to reconsider for same price before there are 20K miles on the Rovers clock .. . . long time from now I guess.

·
Registered
205 Posts
i'd say i had at least $15,000 in warranty work covered by CPO on my 03 -- best decision ever made was to extend the warranty (though its over now :( )

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Top Gear the very popular UK Car show (Recently voted No.1 UK TV show of the decade) just declared that the Range Rover Vogue TDV8 is "All the car you will ever need" and its was only pipped to the No.1 spot for "Car of the Decade" by the Bugatti Veyron. Very please I have one :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts