RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I have p38 1987 – The air suspension pump doesn't work.
When Jumper the relay 20 it work properly.
I fount out that the relay doesn't get power ( 12 volt ) . – The pump running.
I bout and replace the driver unit but it doesn't help.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've read a few posts where the rear tailgate wasn't latching properly, causing issues.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
John W said:
Brake pedal switch :?:
Thanks
I don't think that this is the problem.
The light flashing and the it is looks like the system trying to pump. Do you have any idea what is the component that drive L20 ? ( The relay that drive the pump)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
John W said:
The EAS ECM drives the Pump relay.
A new driver pack assembled- doesn't help.
The problem is that the relay didn't get 12 volt in the primary - So when manually ( Jumper) close the secondary the pump start working .
I would like to know what the driver for the relay is – I didn’t find any electrical connection between the driver pack and the relay.
Thanks

·
Registered
931 Posts
RUACH said:
John W said:
The EAS ECM drives the Pump relay.
A new driver pack assembled- doesn't help.
The problem is that the relay didn't get 12 volt in the primary - So when manually ( Jumper) close the secondary the pump start working .
I would like to know what the driver for the relay is – I didn’t find any electrical connection between the driver pack and the relay.
Thanks
There is no connection between the pump relay and the driver module.The pump relay is driven direct from the EAS ECM which is under the left front seat.

·
Registered
96 Posts
i was having the same problem with my compressor. there is a EAS relay under the drivers seat that was the problem in my case. $130.00can

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Super_Monster said:
i was having the same problem with my compressor. there is a EAS relay under the drivers seat that was the problem in my case. $130.00can
Do you have any idea how to positively check if it is the root cause before spending another 130$? 8-0=

·
Registered
931 Posts
If you have not already got it ,you need to download the RAVE manual for the P38 from green Oval.It has electrical trouble shooting guides which will greatly assist you in understanding the EAS system.
These vehicles require diagnostic software to really help with diagnosing issues.There is freesoftware available for the EAS system from www.roverrenovations.com. :thumb:

·
Registered
96 Posts
RUACH said:
Super_Monster said:
Do you have any idea how to positively check if it is the root cause before spending another 130$? 8-0=
does your rover communicate with EAS testing equipment? if it does, the relay may not be the problem...if it does not, this might be your problem.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
when the delay relay fails, typically the EAS will not power up at all, since the lights are blinking, I doubt it's the timer relay.

Have you checked the thermal switch in the compressor?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
shupack said:
when the delay relay fails, typically the EAS will not power up at all, since the lights are blinking, I doubt it's the timer relay.

Thanks
The thermal and the pressure switches are working properly .
And the Lights flashing .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
RUACH said:
shupack said:

Thanks
The thermal and the pressure switches are working properly .
And the Lights flashing .
hello
Does someone have experience with the attached EAS Tester ?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Youll need a laptop computer running windows and the proper communication cable OBD to serial, then download the software that was linked above, this will give you all the faults with the added bonus of being able to adjust the height in each mode.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts