RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it's basically between weathertech and oem. the financials militate toward weathertechs. the syle awards go to oem. anecdotally depth is close with weathertech probably winning. the oems secure to the floor and my mounts are still there under the current mats waiting to be used.

thoughts either way?

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,491 Posts
dutchfrompredator said:
it's basically between weathertech and oem. the financials militate toward weathertechs. the syle awards go to oem. anecdotally depth is close with weathertech probably winning. the oems secure to the floor and my mounts are still there under the current mats waiting to be used.

thoughts either way?
I bought some non OEM last year for something like 10 USD the front set (instead of 70USD). Cut to fit. I had to make 2-3 little cuts and it fits like a OEM.
But, the **** thing always slide and isn't good to see when i open the door.
Anyway, very good for winter time and offroad sessions

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's pretty much what's making me lean oem at this point. they look better and fasten in. and i think i'd be defeating the "watertightness" if i put holes in the weathertechs to use the existing mounting feet to hold them in. :think:
it's been a horrible year for everyone and i'm having trouble justifying the oem expense for borderline superficial reasons.
of course skimping on things like this is not beneficial if the added expense proves meritorious in the end. i'll be battling this dilemma for a while.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,728 Posts
I bought a used set of Rover originals 2 years ago and have never regretted the $70. They are nice and deep and after a quick scrub once a month during the winter and they look like new.

:think: With snow forcasted next week I think I better figure out where I stuffed them this past Spring.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I got quoted $360 for a full set from the stealer :evil: Is that about right?
I'm not too far from you rrtoadhall, guess I better get a new set of tires soon.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Buy the OEM and move-forward! I was a retailer of WeatherTech for 10 years and they are a great product however, they are not custom fit and don't have the fixing points like oem. Plus, the rear are not attached like the oem. This is one area where I would just buy oem and motor on happy with your purchase; all be it a bit more expensive. All my Rovers run oem floor mats (even though I can get aftermarkets i.e WeatherTech, Husky, Catch-All for next to nothing).

Ian

·
Registered
116 Posts
Where's the cheapest place to get oem front floormats
as my drivers side now has a hole worn in it.
Just looking for the fronts.
thanks

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks the input gang. Especially you Ian. Sometimes I need a kick in the ass. And Toadhall talk to us about finding them at a decent price. Haven't seen them on fleabay or craig's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts