RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a noise that starts once the car warms up. It's on the drivers side and sounds like a pulley going out. What's on that side that could be going bad?

No video at the moment, raining so I can't dig into it right now.

Thanks!

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
Most likely anything with a pulley. Since we have no idea what year or engine you have there's no way we could even guess. A real location will tell us if it is right side or left side.

Great news is you can go out and figure out the culprit yourself.

Two courses of action. Remove the belt and check each of the pulleys for smooth even movement. Your other choice is to remove the shroud and while the engine is running and the noise is present spray lithium or other lubricant at the centre of each pulley. If the noise stops then you have a dry sleeve or bearing. Naturally the first route is much safer.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, 07 Sport SC. Just wanted to get an idea what is down. Tried going out to look, but it's pouring rain. So, I reached out to the genius's :)

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4,478 Posts
Sorry, 07 Sport SC. Just wanted to get an idea what is down. Tried going out to look, but it's pouring rain. So, I reached out to the geniuses :)
Fixed it for you...plural I presume you meant, not possessive.

Most likely one or both of the idler pulleys is wobbling or worn out...those are cheap and easy to replace...do both of them at the same time

1 - 4 of 4 Posts