RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pulled the trigger on a 2012 RRS HSE LUX, Fuji White with Tan Oxford Leather!!

So i have been lingering around on these forums for the past few months and finally got the car i wanted!! So i got a 2012 RRS HSE LUX fuji white tan oxford! I got $3800 off of MSRP and there was a $115 document fee, which I thought was a pretty good deal. I dont get the car till roughly the 25-27th of the month, I CANNOT WAIT!

what do you guys think about the deal i got?

I'll have pics up as soon as I take delivery.

Mods expected:

Kahn Grille (side vents as well)
Exhaust tips (still deciding which)
painting all lower body trim to match body color (White)
22" stormers or Rinspeed replicas 285/35/22 tires (Yokohama's)
clear bra
5 percent tint all around and 30% on the windshield
Wrap the roof with a matte black and the center "V" part of the hood to match
Debadge the rear fully and write only "RANGE" and fully debadge the front as well.
running boards

I hope to make my ride to look somewhat similar to this:

http://www.kahndesign.com/automotive/projectkahn/flash/rangeroversport/RS300-2011/6.html

feel free to add any more suggestions or tips! Thanks and stay tuned....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Re: Pulled the trigger on a 2012 RRS HSE LUX, Fuji White with Tan Oxford Leather!!

Congrats!! Looking forward to seeing pics when you take delivery and with the new mods!

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
23 Posts
Re: Pulled the trigger on a 2012 RRS HSE LUX, Fuji White with Tan Oxford Leather!!

Wow that Kahn design looks great. Good luck with your RRS!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

yeah i really like the kahn design. i would fully do it straight through kahn but there stuff is insanely expensive!

·
Registered
3 Posts

Hi "Freshman" - I am expecting to buy a new RRS Lux in next week or so. I would love to get it "pimped" a little. I saw your link to Khan - looks really cool, but how do you get this treatment in US? Seems that there is also a company called Arden, but again, it is in UK. I am in Boston, MA - any ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
72 Posts

So i have been lingering around on these forums for the past few months and finally got the car i wanted!! So i got a 2012 RRS HSE LUX fuji white tan oxford! I got $3800 off of MSRP and there was a $115 document fee, which I thought was a pretty good deal. I dont get the car till roughly the 25-27th of the month, I CANNOT WAIT!

what do you guys think about the deal i got?

I'll have pics up as soon as I take delivery.

Mods expected:

Kahn Grille (side vents as well)
Exhaust tips (still deciding which)
painting all lower body trim to match body color (White)
22" stormers or Rinspeed replicas 285/35/22 tires (Yokohama's)
clear bra
5 percent tint all around and 30% on the windshield
Wrap the roof with a matte black and the center "V" part of the hood to match
Debadge the rear fully and write only "RANGE" and fully debadge the front as well.
running boards

I hope to make my ride to look somewhat similar to this:

http://www.kahndesign.com/automotive/projectkahn/flash/rangeroversport/RS300-2011/6.html

feel free to add any more suggestions or tips! Thanks and stay tuned....
Just curious, what state do you live in. Only asking because your tint choice may rub the law the wrong way.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
452 Posts

Good looking color combination... was offroading a couple of weekends ago and a 2011 Fuji White / Tan RRS came out with us.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Oregon. yeah im def illegal but not worried ill pay the tickets lol

Just curious, what state do you live in. Only asking because your tint choice may rub the law the wrong way.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

well i am going to buy the kahn grille/vents direct from kahn, and then get some rims that look similar to those kahns, and get the matte black roof wrapped as well as the middle of the roof. also probably get the fog lights and headlight bulbs changed to 6k, debadge the rear and tint it out, and it will give me a similar look to that kahn rrs. I will also consider the widebody body kit but not sure.

Hi "Freshman" - I am expecting to buy a new RRS Lux in next week or so. I would love to get it "pimped" a little. I saw your link to Khan - looks really cool, but how do you get this treatment in US? Seems that there is also a company called Arden, but again, it is in UK. I am in Boston, MA - any ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

yeah im absolutely in love with that combo, im going giddy trolling these forums waiting for my ride! I am trying to get my 22"s in place and my tint/clear bra appointments in place now so when i get the ride i can start the modding ASAP. I think im going to pull the trigger on the rims/tires this week, i also need to find someone to sell my 20" style 6 oem rims with the tires asap!

Good looking color combination... was offroading a couple of weekends ago and a 2011 Fuji White / Tan RRS came out with us.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
452 Posts

yeah im absolutely in love with that combo, im going giddy trolling these forums waiting for my ride! I am trying to get my 22"s in place and my tint/clear bra appointments in place now so when i get the ride i can start the modding ASAP. I think im going to pull the trigger on the rims/tires this week, i also need to find someone to sell my 20" style 6 oem rims with the tires asap!
If you're going with 22s, you should consider some Cooper LTZs or something pretty beefy/chunky. :)

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

what size tire? I saw most guys going with a 285/35/22 tire.....what did you have in mind?

If you're going with 22s, you should consider some Cooper LTZs or something pretty beefy/chunky. :)

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
452 Posts

what size tire? I saw most guys going with a 285/35/22 tire.....what did you have in mind?
Looks like there's now a Cooper LTZ in 305/40R22.

Been done on a full-size:

Not sure how they'd fit on a RRS though, without mods...

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

hmm doesnt look bad, but i prefer a sportier look with the 285/35/22.

Looks like there's now a Cooper LTZ in 305/40R22.

Been done on a full-size:

Not sure how they'd fit on a RRS though, without mods...

·
Registered
6 Posts

I think im going to pull the trigger on the rims/tires this week, i also need to find someone to sell my 20" style 6 oem rims with the tires asap!
Hi ckp, I'm interested in your tires/rims. If the $2000 price you mentioned in another thread includes shipping + tpms then I'll commit to purchasing the wheels/tires from you.

Feel free to reply with a private message.

Thanks in advance!

BerryS

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Hi ckp, I'm interested in your tires/rims. If the $2000 price you mentioned in another thread includes shipping + tpms then I'll commit to purchasing the wheels/tires from you.

Feel free to reply with a private message.

Thanks in advance!

BerryS
PM Sent.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts