RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I upgraded my puddle lights and interior to LED bulbs. All of the interior lights work great, but when I replaced my puddle lights (lights under side mirrors) the lights won't light up and my door locks won't work. I know the puddle light replacement is linked to the lock feature not working because I did the outside lights a week before I got the interiors LEDs in and that's when the door locks stopped working. I've searched for fuses that could be blown and can't come up with anything. I've also tried to switch to polarity on the LED lights and that hasn't seemed to help either. The vehicle is a 2006 Range Rover Westminster. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,755 Posts
Have you tried the obvious? Put things back how they were and see if the faults disappear. If so you have faulty or inappropriate LED modules.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought the puddle light and license plate LEDs at Oreilly's, then I bought the whole interior kit online. Not sure if you've seen the LEDs they sell there, but it comes with a power source in the case so that you can see it light up with the press of a button. I checked them with the original power source after they wouldn't light up on the car and they work fine. Has to be some sort of link between the mirror lights and the locks, because right after I tried to upgrade the locks stopped working.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts