RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swapped out all the regular filament bulbs for LED style awhile ago, but noticed that the two front door puddle lamps (the ones on the bottom of the doors) are not working. Swapped with two new LED bulbs but still not working. All other lights work fine. Tried to disable the interior lights by holding the centre light switch on the overhead console, then enable them, still not working. :???:

Anyone have suggestions?

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
106 Posts
Did you make sure that the lights are CANBUS? Incandescent bulbs burn at a certain wattage, when that wattage is reduced, the vehicle presumes the bulb to be burned out and causes an alert. CANBUS LED's take that into account but non-CANBUS often will not work as the vehicle requires a higher amperage.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I rechecked the product description to see whether they're CANBUS or non-CANBUS and apparently, they're not. The fact that all the other LED's work fine, lead me to believe this wouldn't be an issue. Does that make sense?

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
516 Posts
Makes total sense to me. However these ECUs are very particular... like using the wrong rear brake lamp will cause totally non related error codes, low battery voltage will throw multiple errors that are all unrelated to each other. Seems like one problem triggers other non related ECUs to fail, making trouble shooting difficult.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So......buy new bulbs that are CANBUS. See how that goes. Good thing they're not too expensive. Still have the issue with the cargo light on the passenger side. Wire caught on something in the headliner. Anyone have thoughts on how to "pull" open the headliner back there?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I presume that is a photo of your truck?

If so, looks like they work quite well.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I just figured you lived on the side of a mountain...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts