RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wanting to share progress on one of my RRs. This one was acquired 2 years ago and went through a full engine rebuild, and has been slowly turning into an offroad vehicle. Lots of mods went into it thus far but the list never ends. Spare tire carrier is being fabricated (Don't tell my wife because it is my christmas gift to myself. We will both be surprised when it arrives lol). I have just added a secondary battery in the boot along with a fuse box to run some added accessories along with the many offroad lights. Can't forget the fire extinguisher in the boot, just in case.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Very cool looking! Love the dual battery setup. Looks almost OEM.
Don't forget that you are part of the build for sending me 2 spare plugs that one time!

Registered
Can鈥檛 wait to see how the spare tire carrier looks. Who is building it for you? I am thinking about trying to get one for mine also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Can鈥檛 wait to see how the spare tire carrier looks. Who is building it for you? I am thinking about trying to get one for mine also.

Very nice and clean! We have the same rack! I pondered about getting the rear ladder from Voyager Racks but decided against it as I will be getting this spare wheel step mounted at a much inexpensive cost. Where'd you get yours from? Rigid Armor in Cali is fabricating my carrier. It will ship next week they said.

Attachments

Registered
Very nice and clean! We have the same rack! I pondered about getting the rear ladder from Voyager Racks but decided against it as I will be getting this spare wheel step mounted at a much inexpensive cost. Where'd you get yours from? Rigid Armor in Cali is fabricating my carrier. It will ship next week they said.
I ordered mine from a company out of the UK which is no longer in business.

How will you be attaching your carrier to the Rover? To the bumper or a hitch mount? I would like to get a hitch mount that fits very close to the vehicle and at the same angle as my rear window but I have not been able to find one like that.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
I ordered mine from a company out of the UK which is no longer in business.

How will you be attaching your carrier to the Rover? To the bumper or a hitch mount? I would like to get a hitch mount that fits very close to the vehicle and at the same angle as my rear window but I have not been able to find one like that.

Via Hitch mount! It will be able to fold away to allow the use of the tailgate. More importantly I will still be able to tow with the carrier attached. I have been looking for something that compliments the angles of the rear without compromising departure angle and without setting off the rear sensors. I think this will be it.

Registered
That鈥檚 great. I can鈥檛 wait to see a photo of it and hear your thoughts on it. I wonder if they can make a second one for me? Please PM me with the price you paid.

Premium Member
Don't forget that you are part of the build for sending me 2 spare plugs that one time!
I did?!
What kind of plugs and when?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
I did?!
What kind of plugs and when?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Think you sent me 2 of these back in April 2018 lol

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts