RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost my second key for 2010 RR and ordered a key from amazon for $36. An independent Land Rover shop could not program it, the dealers would not program it unless I bougt the key from them and their price ranged from $300+ to $400+ dollars. They charge for an hour to program the key. In all the total cost was $500-$600. Found a locksmith in Seattle (called multiple locksmiths and finally one of them said he could not but knew a locksmith that could and gave me his name and number) and he programmed my key in less than 5 minutes, the cost was $100.

If you live in Seattle area send me a msg and I'll give you Charly's phone number. If you live somewhere else in the US keep calling locksmiths until you find one, they are out there and save yourself $300-$400.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I recently bought a new fob from Amazon as well.. I live in Eastern Kentucky and have been looking for a locksmith to do this for me. I've had no luck. The reason I had to order a new fob and key is bc my fob itself is broke bc previous owner smashed in the buttons. I was thinking about switching the guts from my old fob to my new one so I would at least have the fob and then use my old fob for just the ignition. Do you know if that's possible? Could I do it myself!? I'm terrified I'll break something so I don't wanna try until I k ow for sure. Thanks!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
hey i just did this for my 2008 hse
$9 on amazon. just be careful cutting up the old key , there are good youtube videos. worked for me!

·
Registered
2 Posts
2013 Range Rover sport hse. Still the old body style. Replace my key fob battery and now the key fob doesn’t . Could anyone tell me what is the issue. Called dealer they tell is should work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I recently bought a new fob from Amazon as well.. I live in Eastern Kentucky and have been looking for a locksmith to do this for me. I've had no luck. The reason I had to order a new fob and key is bc my fob itself is broke bc previous owner smashed in the buttons. I was thinking about switching the guts from my old fob to my new one so I would at least have the fob and then use my old fob for just the ignition. Do you know if that's possible? Could I do it myself!? I'm terrified I'll break something so I don't wanna try until I k ow for sure. Thanks!!
I think you should look inside the FOB to see if the buttons inside/on the electronic board are still functional or broken. How about going to a Land Rover mechanic or dealer and seek their help. It shouldn't cost too much and they may do it for free getting a future customer. If there isn't a mechanic and dealer around I think any locksmith that works on FOBs should be able to disassemble and reassemble it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts