RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well just when my reading of rr.net had led me to believe I should investigate my battery as the cause of my non-arming security system and inability to synch handset remote (aka key fobs), my RR wouldn't start this morning. She gave me a full panel of instrument lamps, several click click clicks, and a few fault codes including a few auf Deutsch, then sent me off in the wife's car. Tonight, barely enough juice to light up anything on the dash.

So I am in search of a battery. But no LR dealer nearby. Where do you stateside guys get your batteries, if non OEM? And what specs do you recommend?

Also, I want to check my main fuses. The rr.net page here http://www.rangerovers.net/repairdetail ... terference suggests a main fuse could be the cause of an unresponsive security system. How do I remove these maxi fuses? Just pull, like the little ones?

When I solve these problems I can finally relax. And start my heater o ring job.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
885 Posts
Re: Procuring p38 Battery in the US, removing/checking main fuse

I've bought my last battery from Autozone. The spec is, I believe 31A, costs around $75. Haven't had any issue yet.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

TheoR said:
I've bought my last battery from Autozone. The spec is, I believe 31A, costs around $75. Haven't had any issue yet.

Thanks, I had checked their web parts catalog without it pulling anything up... I'lll call them tomorrow.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
1,418 Posts

Lot of guys here swear by Optima, I have a good Interstate, has lasted for years and extreme minnesota cold

·
Registered
80 Posts

The dealer (not by choice) put a new Interstate in my rig a couple of weeks ago. I was having some erratic electrical issues and they have since been sorted. I am keeping to the new battery solving the problems. I am very happy with the Interstate.

charliet

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

charliet said:
The dealer (not by choice) put a new Interstate in my rig a couple of weeks ago. I was having some erratic electrical issues and they have since been sorted. I am keeping to the new battery solving the problems. I am very happy with the Interstate.

charliet
UPDATE:

Jumped the car and finally got it going. There was a lot of crud around the end of the positive battery cable.

Turn out my battery is an Interstate (installed by dealer a couple years ago). Had it and the alternator checked and both are good. My security system still does not work--remotes not working, key doesn't arm system (no flashing dashtop LED when locking with the key). I thought this was going to be a simple bad battery. Could this be fusebox related?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts