RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there such a thing? I can’t find it in rave.

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
Well you need power from the battery to starter. You need signal from the ignition to the starter relay. Then you need signal from the starter relay to the starter solenoid.

If you battery is weak or the cable is corroded or filthy at either end you'll have no crank. If the start line from the ignition switch to the starter relay damaged or the ignition switch if faulty there will be no signal at the relay. Check the relay for corrosion on the blade terminals an the socket.

That's the basics but we have no idea what year or model you are referring to.

·
Registered
53 Posts
It seems silly maybe, but check battery level. Start-up takes a bunch of energy if it's low it won't go. Other thing is resync your fob even if it works use the no key found procedure. I had this issue and this is what fixed it. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
53 Posts
RRToad quick question. I don't see that anyone has a signature that appears on each of their post. I've looked in the guidelines I didn't see a way to add. Are u just asking that with each post we include our model, or is there a way to have an actual signature which will automatically add to anything we post? Thx!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
starter solenoid resistance

do you have a spare starter for a 2002 l322 v8 lying around? whats the resistance of the starter solenoid supposed to be? I was hoping I dont need to take down the one on my car.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RRToad quick question. I don't see that anyone has a signature that appears on each of their post. I've looked in the guidelines I didn't see a way to add. Are u just asking that with each post we include our model, or is there a way to have an actual signature which will automatically add to anything we post? Thx!
I found it in settings.

·
Registered
53 Posts
L322Roger thank you! I don't use the desktop site. Just went to desktop and wow so much more to see. I wish I could help u with ur no crank. Having issues and not knowing how to fix is beyond frustrating.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,190 Posts
Land rover doesn't really have those trouble shooting procedures printed anywhere, they are in the T4 Testbook software, and the SDD/IDS software packages. The software will ask you different questions about a no crank condition (or any other issue), and from there it will come up wit the steps needed to test the components it thinks you need to do.

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
It's in the guidelines and has been since 2004. There has always been a free form signature field in our software. If you put your Rover's info in that signature field it will show at the bottom of every post going forward. Then we don;t have to play 20 questions to get basic info to make an educated response.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Land rover doesn't really have those trouble shooting procedures printed anywhere, they are in the T4 Testbook software, and the SDD/IDS software packages. The software will ask you different questions about a no crank condition (or any other issue), and from there it will come up wit the steps needed to test the components it thinks you need to do.
I see. Thanks for that.

So I looked at the circuit diagrams and read the system description. Its now quiet obvious where to look. The voltages and signals to the wires at the connectors to the starter is all there. Everything seems to point towards the starter cables and starter itself. There is no heat shield on the starter so it would have suffered some damage. I have ordered a heat shield and I will overhaul the starter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well you need power from the battery to starter. You need signal from the ignition to the starter relay. Then you need signal from the starter relay to the starter solenoid.

If you battery is weak or the cable is corroded or filthy at either end you'll have no crank. If the start line from the ignition switch to the starter relay damaged or the ignition switch if faulty there will be no signal at the relay. Check the relay for corrosion on the blade terminals an the socket.

That's the basics but we have no idea what year or model you are referring to.
I recently had an issue with no cranking and this was one of the threads I came across. I just wanted to update it to mention that the ECM / Fuse 31 is also necessary for cranking, as I learned. See my post about it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts