RangeRovers.net Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I wonder if it has something to do with the new Map update that was released a couple days ago. Ever since I did that update, I have been getting the error message on Data usage. A mess
Is that app different from the “Land Rover inControl Remote” app? Is one better than the other?

·
Registered
5 Posts
After upgrading a few days ago, my truck (2019.5 V8 SC) now tells me “data limit reached, add more mobile data” even though I have an unlimited data plan. And now I can’t access any data-driven apps like weather or news. Anyone else experience this since upgrading the infotainment software?
This happened to me as well and the OTA update did not correct it. I called AT&T and was advised that this is a known issue and it's Land Rover that instructed them to recommend a trip to the dealer to correct it. I called my dealer on Monday, The update was done yesterday and so far so good.

·
Registered
9 Posts
After upgrading a few days ago, my truck (2019.5 V8 SC) now tells me “data limit reached, add more mobile data” even though I have an unlimited data plan. And now I can’t access any data-driven apps like weather or news. Anyone else experience this since upgrading the infotainment software?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2019.5 RRS HST and mine did the same thing after the update. Kept saying that my data limit has been reached but I have unlimited. I ignored it and the next morning when I started my truck, it wasn’t giving me that data limit reached anymore and everything when back to working like normal. Land Rover must have fixed the issue over night.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
29 Posts
I have a 2019.5 RRS HST and mine did the same thing after the update. Kept saying that my data limit has been reached but I have unlimited. I ignored it and the next morning when I started my truck, it wasn’t giving me that data limit reached anymore and everything when back to working like normal. Land Rover must have fixed the issue over night.
Same here. Same error but is gone today and everything seems fine.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Question for folks with either 19C or 20A, and cars equipped with the parking assistant:

In the "Driver assist" menu in the instrument cluster there is a setting that enables and disables "auto search" (for parking spaces). If active, a small blue "P" icon appears in the instrument cluster, and little arrows to the left/right are supposed to hint to a suitable space.

This auto search only works up to 30km/h / 18mph.

Possibly since 20A, I found the following error:

This “Park assist auto search” function, provided it was user-enabled in the previous cycle, becomes automatically and permanently disabled after exceeding 30km/h (18mph) for the first time in a new cycle. The user has to go into the “Driver assist” instrument menu and re-enable it in order to use it.

In order to reproduce, do the following:
  • With the engine running but at a standstill, go into the Driver Assist menu, enable auto search.
  • Switch off and lock the car.
  • Wait at least 15min
  • Open and start car
  • Drive faster than 18mph(30km/h) at least once
  • Come to a standstill, enter the Driver Assist menu and see if the checkmark is there.
In my car (20A) the checkmark is gone.

Since I had the car in for updating various modules, I am not sure this relates to the IMC. To find out is the purpose of this survey.

Can anyone on 20A confirm this error, and can someone with 19C confirm it doesn't happen?

·
Registered
2019 Range Rover Sport SCV8 ATB (L494)
180 Posts
Question for folks with either 19C or 20A, and cars equipped with the parking assistant:

In the "Driver assist" menu in the instrument cluster there is a setting that enables and disables "auto search" (for parking spaces). If active, a small blue "P" icon appears in the instrument cluster, and little arrows to the left/right are supposed to hint to a suitable space.

This auto search only works up to 30km/h / 18mph.

Possibly since 20A, I found the following error:

This “Park assist auto search” function, provided it was user-enabled in the previous cycle, becomes automatically and permanently disabled after exceeding 30km/h (18mph) for the first time in a new cycle. The user has to go into the “Driver assist” instrument menu and re-enable it in order to use it.

In order to reproduce, do the following:
  • With the car running, go into the Driver Assist menu, enable auto search.
  • Stop and lock the car.
  • Wait at least 15min
  • Open and start car
  • Drive faster than 18mph(30km/h) at least once
  • Come to a standstill, enter the Driver Assist menu and see if the checkmark is there.
In my car (20A) the checkmark is gone.

Since I had the car in for updating various modules, I am not sure this relates to the IMC. To find out is the purpose of this survey.

Can anyone on 20A confirm this error, and can someone with 19C confirm it doesn't happen?
I'm not sure it's related to the recent update(s). The checkmark never stayed present for me, even on previous versions of the software.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Interesting. It did so for me until recently, I am pretty sure I always had the blue "P" at lower speeds... (that is not to say that this "auto-search" was ever in any way useful, but anyway...)

The issue seems to be that the software does the (de)activation depending on movement speed through a simultated user input, ie the very same flag the checkmark toggles. That is very bad style.

When you activate this function in the menu while driving > 18mpg/30km/h, the checkmark appears for a brief moment but is immediately removed again. Funny to watch, and makes it pretty clear how they screwed up storing a permanent user-desired state. Can anyone with 19C tell me if that effect is there, too?

41 - 52 of 52 Posts