RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The error comes from the audio system. Go to "media" click sources, the Media streaming source is the cause of the error as it cannot connect to the streaming sources. It cant connect and assumes you have consumed all your data allowance. Why it needs to tell us, constantly, even when that is not the selected audio source, is beyond me.

So the error is a result of a connectivity issue that affects certain features of the entertainment system.
But the apps don’t work now. Before the error, they did. So that error is affecting more than just music streaming.

·
Registered
117 Posts
If you still use the built-in browser, the limit is not exhausted, and no error appears. So the error is bs.

·
Registered
85 Posts
But the apps don’t work now. Before the error, they did. So that error is affecting more than just music streaming.
Sorry for the lack of clarity.
Error is a result of the communication issue. Its not the cause. The same thing that causes the "apps" not to work is causing the online media streaming to not work. The online media "app" is producing an error that constantly comes up. The weather "app" simply says "cannot connect" on it.

Is anyone able to log into the incontrol site? My Land Rover InControl
Also the remote app wont allow a log in. (although works if already logged in )

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
If you still use the built-in browser, the limit is not exhausted, and no error appears. So the error is bs.
Dude. I understand that you can use the built in browser. So should I just ignore the fact that I can’t use my vehicle like it was designed because I can’t use the native weather or news app or stream music and have to now use the built in web browser instead? I mean do you have anything helpful to add to this conversation other than “the error is BS because you can still use the web browser?”

·
Registered
17 Posts
After upgrading a few days ago, my truck (2019.5 V8 SC) now tells me “data limit reached, add more mobile data” even though I have an unlimited data plan. And now I can’t access any data-driven apps like weather or news. Anyone else experience this since upgrading the infotainment software?
Odd - happened to me today as well

·
Registered
2019 Range Rover Sport SCV8 ATB (L494)
180 Posts
But you’re supposed to be able to use the JLR apps in the car. That’s the whole point. So the fact that you are able to use the hotspot with your cell phone as some kind of workaround and don’t use the JLR apps as they are designed to be used (with mobile data) directly through the vehicle isn’t really helpful, sorry.
That's your "whole point". I don't really care about the JLR apps and never have. As long as the error message goes away, that's all I care about. I'd much rather use the Google services through Android Auto than the buggy/laggy JLR stuff. And using the hotspot isn't a workaround - it's one of the vehicle's features.

It seems like a server-side error unrelated to the recent update, if it's happening across multiple vehicle models with different versions of the software. It will likely get sorted out.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
That's your "whole point". I don't really care about the JLR apps and never have. As long as the error message goes away, that's all I care about. I'd much rather use the Google services through Android Auto than the buggy/laggy JLR stuff. And using the hotspot isn't a workaround - it's one of the vehicle's features.

It seems like a server-side error unrelated to the recent update, if it's happening across multiple vehicle models with different versions of the software. It will likely get sorted out.
Well my error message does not go away. And I actually care about the JLR apps and use them, especially the weather one. If it doesn’t affect you, cool.

·
Registered
117 Posts
One report from Germany says the error is gone as of today, but he couldn't log into the nav account. Let's see if that is confirmed.

·
Registered
209 Posts
The error stays, I deactivated now the sim connection and use CarPlay for the moment.
Hope JLR will react quick and in the right dimensions and not so late and with a lack of communication as usual...

·
Registered
85 Posts
LOL, this was part of 19B:
"Error message "Unable to connect (015)" has been replaced with the more appropriate ‘Data limit reached. Add more mobile data to continue using (name of feature being used) and try again.’"

So if JLR didnt make that error message change, it would just say "unable to connect" and we wouldn't have been all confused about a perfectly fine data plan.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The error stays, I deactivated now the sim connection and use CarPlay for the moment.
Hope JLR will react quick and in the right dimensions and not so late and with a lack of communication as usual...
I hope they fix it as well. I suspect that JLR is doing some tech refresh because there is a new Remote app that replaces the previous Remote app. The new one is much much better. It is available in the app store. Also, I see that there are new InControl Apps (eg Shell Gas and Voice Notes) that have been added to their app line ups.

·
Registered
17 Posts
One report from Germany says the error is gone as of today, but he couldn't log into the nav account. Let's see if that is confirmed.
I wonder if it has something to do with the new Map update that was released a couple days ago. Ever since I did that update, I have been getting the error message on Data usage. A mess

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just curious but can anyone have their car use their iPhone hotspot to get internet access? I can connect to my iPhone hotspot but I get no internet access. Connecting to my home wifi however works fine.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts