RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After upgrading a few days ago, my truck (2019.5 V8 SC) now tells me “data limit reached, add more mobile data” even though I have an unlimited data plan. And now I can’t access any data-driven apps like weather or news. Anyone else experience this since upgrading the infotainment software?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Sorry, can’t help but had the same message today and I am also unlimited...
Let’s see if it goes away itself, hopefull.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm stuck on S19B and don't have an active data plan and I got the message. I'd guess it's on AT&T's (or provider of choice's) side, not the firmware.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I started getting the error today too, 2 days after installing the update. On an unlimited plan. 2019 ATB.

·
Registered
2019 Velar L560
38 Posts
I got that error when I accepted the update, but everything upgraded fine. I have plenty of data on our AT&T mobile share plan.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have the exact issue after update two days ago. Absolutely love the vehicle, but software has been terrible since the day I picked it up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
After upgrading a few days ago, my truck (2019.5 V8 SC) now tells me “data limit reached, add more mobile data” even though I have an unlimited data plan. And now I can’t access any data-driven apps like weather or news. Anyone else experience this since upgrading the infotainment software?
Same message on my 2018 V8 SC 2 days after updating. Must be on their end because it worked fine for 2 days.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Haven't had this message (yet), and didn't try this myself, but I found this in another forum:

"Go into settings/connectivity and then tap on the mobile settings entry. I mean the line where you can turn mobile data on and off. If you tap that line anywhere other than the toggle switch, it takes you into a page where you can set data limits. I was confused because I’m running a 23 gig per month sim but when I looked, “limit data” had switched itself on with a monthly limit of 1 gig. I had used 766 mb and the car was warning me I was getting close to that 1 gig limit. I reset my limit to 23 gigs but if you like, you can turn the limit data setting off completely."

OTOH, since people with 19C are affected as well, it might be a server-side problem that will go away all by itself...

·
Registered
85 Posts
This is happening to me as well. Couple more details:
1) Tried playing with the data limits and resetting the data usage. No changes. Also tried turning the data off and on.
2) Noted that the Weather says: unable to connect, so its not just limited to streaming media (the source of the annoying error)
3) The web browser was able to pull up pages, so data is not limited.
4) Turned on the hot spot on my cell phone and connected to it. The connectivity issues persisted.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haven't had this message (yet), and didn't try this myself, but I found this in another forum:

"Go into settings/connectivity and then tap on the mobile settings entry. I mean the line where you can turn mobile data on and off. If you tap that line anywhere other than the toggle switch, it takes you into a page where you can set data limits. I was confused because I’m running a 23 gig per month sim but when I looked, “limit data” had switched itself on with a monthly limit of 1 gig. I had used 766 mb and the car was warning me I was getting close to that 1 gig limit. I reset my limit to 23 gigs but if you like, you can turn the limit data setting off completely."

OTOH, since people with 19C are affected as well, it might be a server-side problem that will go away all by itself...

Tried this and set the limit to 100GB (way more than I would ever use). Still get the same error.

·
Registered
116 Posts
This error appears
  • under different software versions (although I would assume this is a Telematics issue, not IMC),
  • in different countries,
  • on different vehicles (pretty all over the entire JLR palette),
  • with different data providers, and even with unlimited plans.
The error message might be wrong, probably a default. Perhaps some certificate that expired; May 30 sounds a lot like someone calculated 365 x years, ignoring the leap year of 2020....

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This error appears
  • under different software versions (although I would assume this is a Telematics issue, not IMC),
  • in different countries,
  • on different vehicles (pretty all over the entire JLR palette),
  • with different data providers, and even with unlimited plans.
The error message might be wrong, probably a default. Perhaps some certificate that expired; May 30 sounds a lot like someone calculated 365 x years, ignoring the leap year of 2020....
The error message isn’t wrong though. As you can see above, people are unable to access data services. Myself included. Weather or news or anything requiring data usage doesn’t work.

·
Registered
2019 Range Rover Sport SCV8 ATB (L494)
180 Posts
The error message isn’t wrong though. As you can see above, people are unable to access data services. Myself included. Weather or news or anything requiring data usage doesn’t work.
I get the error message as well, but the mobile data in the car still works (unlimited plan with AT&T). I use the car's hotspot functionality and connect my phone to it and use Android auto. I dont use any of the JLR apps in the car.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I get the error message as well, but the mobile data in the car still works (unlimited plan with AT&T). I use the car's hotspot functionality and connect my phone to it and use Android auto. I dont use any of the JLR apps in the car.
But you’re supposed to be able to use the JLR apps in the car. That’s the whole point. So the fact that you are able to use the hotspot with your cell phone as some kind of workaround and don’t use the JLR apps as they are designed to be used (with mobile data) directly through the vehicle isn’t really helpful, sorry.

·
Registered
2019 Range Rover - Supercharged
3 Posts
Yes same problem started yesterday. 2019 Range Rover. Hotspot and web browser works. JLR apps don't work. Weather widget says unable to connect.

·
Registered
116 Posts
So, if you can connect through the car's web browser, and only traffic and weather is gone, the error is wrong after all.

·
Registered
85 Posts
So, if you can connect through the car's web browser, and only traffic and weather is gone, the error is wrong after all.
The error comes from the audio system. Go to "media" click sources, the Media streaming source is the cause of the error as it cannot connect to the streaming sources. It cant connect and assumes you have consumed all your data allowance. Why it needs to tell us, constantly, even when that is not the selected audio source, is beyond me.

So the error is a result of a connectivity issue that affects certain features of the entertainment system.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts