RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed the spark plugs the other day, and now my truck is having problems starting. It does start, but immediately cuts out, then the idle crawls up to normal for about 5 seconds, then all is normal. I used Champion RN11YC4 plugs, made sure they were gapped and torqued correctly. Ignition wires are Magnacore 8mm leads that are about 2 years old, Ive checked to make sure theyre fully seated on the plugs. Any idea what could be causing the problem, I'm at a loss?

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,248 Posts
if it ran properly before the plug change, then there really are only a few options aren't there?
Your either installed bad parts or reconnected something wrong.
You dislodged something while messing with the plugs and leads.
One time I have had a coil go out when I put new plugs/cap/rotor into a Honda, and it drove me nuts!
New coil and all was perfect again, it just picked that very moment to take a dump on the car.
I would say it is 99.9% something you dislodged. Go over everything with a fine tooth comb.

Martin

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I forgot to plug the MAF back in, thats what was causing the problem :doh: Thanks for the advice, glad it was that simple.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts
Max said:
So I forgot to plug the MAF back in, thats what was causing the problem :doh: Thanks for the advice, glad it was that simple.

So easily done, hope it didnt log it as fault on ecu

1 - 5 of 5 Posts