RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday... took the little one for a spin - to enjoy the few sunrays that hit Denmark today -Jezzez it was cold, but lovel anyway.... camt back to the garage and decided to have a look at the old lady (i.e. the car)

took of the plug for the MAF - started the car- almost normal idle - turned it of. Replugged the MAF - started the car - now with high idle... ??????

Can I now conclude that my MAF is sc..w.d?! did not have the tools with me, so I could not unplug/disconnect the IAC and take it apart - anyway waiting for a new one from P38spares.co.uk so not worth the trouble....

took a look around the engine bay.... and discovered that the hagket for the throttle body heater unit was leaking :shock: ... thanks a lot dear car - changed that part within the last 2 months.... Oh Lord have mercy on my poor soul!!!! :?

It's official! I give up!!!!! Gonne take all the parts:

new water pump and gasket
Chain kit a gaskets for the engine
belt tensioner end new belt
this time I'm gonna order a complete new throttle body unit and 2 new coils as well - hell why not a new car while I'm at it...... DOOOOH!!!
and tons of other stuff and dump it all at the local LR workshop - they will have to fix it - and find that banging noise as well.....I have never before given in to mechanics - but this old brit' - she really takes the bisquit!!!

I really love the car, but it's just too much right now - my life has gone to pieces :cry: - so I really don't need the car to quit on my right now!!!!
Somebody give me strength!!!! and patience before I sell it for parts....

Ferdinand - Help :crybaby2: :crybaby2: :crybaby2:

·
Registered
401 Posts
First of all, it's a truck. Not a family member as much as it may seem like it. Thus,

Option 1 : Sell it.
Option 2 : Take it to a mechanic and get it fixed
Option 3 : Part it out

No matter what you choose it's just a object and nothing to lose your head over.
We all know these things have reliability issues. No need to get all dramatic.
Good luck
Eric

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Usually after a good rant I settle my thoughts and then carry on so I wish the same for you. At least you know we are in good company and it helps to have the rangie as one's main hobby. Good luck.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Usually after a good rant I settle my thoughts and then carry on so I wish the same for you. At least you know we are in good company and it helps to have the rangie as one's main hobby. Good luck.
It is definitely one of my obsessions and hobbies, which is kind of why I just put up with some of the bs it gives me (although it really hasn't give me too much trouble :pray: ). Good luck to you and hope your decision, w/e it is works out for you :thumb: .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts