RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys-

a buddy of mine manually folded the driver's side mirror in while we were washing the car the other day and now when I hit the mirror fold button, only one mirror folds! when I hit it again, one side goes out and the other folds in!

Is there an easy fix to this?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
13 Posts
this is an easy one. .... keep your finger on the button to open and retract the wing mirrors. They will open and close and after a few rounds, the mirrors will automatically get back into sync!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mercuryf1 said:
this is an easy one. .... keep your finger on the button to open and retract the wing mirrors. They will open and close and after a few rounds, the mirrors will automatically get back into sync!

Tried the fuse and that didn't reset.

will try the finger on the button thing and report back! thanks much!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RRPhil said:
Just try pulling the fuse.

Phil

Did the button reset thing and that didn't work so I tried the fuse pull again and it did the trick! thanks fellas.

Ps. who the hell is the fuse box made for?? elves? I ended up dropping the fuse into the oblivion and had to use one of the spares but wow... I needed my 6 year old's fingers to get the fuse back in there :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3 Posts
I had this problem yesterday.
Tried the buttons 10 times no good
Pulled fuse waited 30 seconds
Then tried button twice .spot on
Thanks for the posting. Save me a headache.
After all that ,last night I checked my cctv to find out that someone had bumped into it

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,725 Posts
What would be a microswitch? Unless the mirror is physically damaged this is just a matter of resetting the fold system. No need to replace anything.

·
Registered
22 Posts
[h=3]Synchronisation issues[/h]Between the two mirrors are commonly reported. This is can be when only one folds and the other in and folds back out. Or it may be that they stay folded in and fold out and strait back in.
A common fix for synchronisation issues is a double press of the mirror fold button, sometimes doing this more than once clears the problem - however the actual fix for this may be that the mirrors then enter the "lockout" as mentioned above. It could be this that then causes the ecu to re-sync the mirrors.
[h=3]Failed Micro-switch[/h]There is a micro-switch in the mirror that reports back to the ECU that the mirror has folded successfully, if it does not receive this message after a set time it reverses the mirror to avoid damaging the motor. This switch can fail for a variety of reasons from water ingress to a spiders nest.
If you have persistent mirror problems it is worthwhile to investigate the state of the switch, often a visual inspection will tell you where the problem lies and a small squirt of WD40 in the switch can often save your hundreds.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
248 Posts
This happened to me just a few days after I got the RR. Probably this best thing is not to think too much about it and just do the obvious. I guess the problem is that the solution is too simple to think of.

I just pushed in the passenger mirror in the same way the driver one was pushed, except that I did it intentionally rather than accidentally. Then when I next pressed the button they both unfolded properly.

Actually just for the sake of accuracy one seemed a little loose at first but a second cycle of fold/unfold brought them completely back in sync.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does not work, not even trying to work that way

·
Registered
28 Posts
Does anyone know how too take the mirror out? When I push the button the driver side just grinds and it's loose now doesn't close.
I need to replace the motor I think

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts