RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

Im hoping someone can answer a few questions to point me in the right direction here.

My daughter Range Rover Superchared 2006 radio flashes the orange led and only the logo appears.

I know the entertainment DVD changer not the navigation DVD doesn't seem to work. There is power to the rear plug but it won't eject or anything.

i checked the fibre optics and can't see any light. I removed all at the rear and can't see anything. Is the light supposed to be visible?

If I'm not seeing light in the optics and it is supposed to be visible, would the DVD changer be breaking the ring? Would this be the main unit behind the display? Any suggestions? It has worked intermittently a few times but not at all now.

i would try bypassing the optics but if there is no visible light and there should be then that would be pointless.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
18 Posts
I’m on my third DVD changer in my 2007 s/c. The first two were killed by water damage. I tried to get the last one repaired but was told the parts aren’t avilable any longer so bought a second hand one. The remainder of the infotainment systems should still work without the DVD changer since it is the last in the chain and no other items depend on it. I ran my S/C for several months without the DVD changer fitted whilst I sourced a replacement and everything else worked fine. My last DVD changer was killed by water leaking from a split sunroof drain it also killed the phone Bluetooth unit that sits on top. Failure of the phone Module killed the whole system and I had only the logo on the central screen. Although, you know the DVD changer is faulty I would suggest one of the other units in the chain is also faulty. Try bypassing each of them in turn to determine which, starting with the phone module that sits on top.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts