RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 97 Range Rover was starting to nose up overnight and dance a little while driving so I decided to replace the o-rings and diaphragm with parts from Rover Renovations. After putting it all back together I'm having a couple of issues.

- First, I'm getting a "RR Signal Incorrect" fault. Not sure if this is just a problem with the sensor being out of range as it doesn't appear if I jack up the right rear an inch or two.

- The main problem is the vehicle not rising at all. I took everything apart again and noticed a couple of o-rings on the steams were pinched. Put it all back together and still no movement after 15+ minutes. Don't notice any leaks except for maybe one really small one on the compressor connector. When I disconnect the air lines there seems to be no pressure in the system.

Anyone have any ideas on what I should check next?

Thanks,
Marty Allen

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
Ytram said:
...leaks except for maybe one really small one on the compressor connector. When I disconnect the air lines there seems to be no pressure in the system.
/quote]

that could be your only problem, if it's leaking at a low pressure, you'll never build up a higher pressure. the compressor is low-volume, high-pressure so a small leak there could knock the whole system out.

also, one of the most common errors (with those symptoms) is getting the non-return valves back incorrectly, one goes the opposite direction of the other 2, if you get them in wrong it won't work right at all.

·
Registered
218 Posts
As Dennis said. Ive just done my block, and after leaving it to build up for 15 mins there was still no pressure in the system. I eventually found a small leak in the line that comes from the dryer. Tiny, but enough to prevent her building up a good head.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts