RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had for a while problems with my rear wash wipe, there was a delay getting water through to the jet. This was due to the in line one way valve being broken. To date i had lived with the problem. I recently tried to use it and noticed water leaking down the the inside of the rear window. I removed the trim panel to reveal a puddle of brown water and leaking from the base of the shaft in the motor.

I spoke to the dealer and they said that it is probably caused by a blockage, they said they can normally be cleared, the base sealed up and fixed. I took the motor off, fixed an airline through, it was blocked but quickly cleared. I then opened up the motor, cleaned the shaft, re-greased the mech and put it back together again. I then used silicon mastic to seal the plastic base into the motor body. Everything seemed straight forward and as described. I re-attached the motor to the boot lid and tested it but nothing. Its completely dead, I have checked fuses and the wire sockets and all seem fine.

Is there any reset procedure I need to do after disconnecting the motor? Any one had a similar issue? I am pulling my hair out!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have refered to RAVE and there is no info on installation procedure. There is an ecu within in the motor, I am wondering if it needs a hard reset? Any advice appreciated.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the lead. I looked at that and I have followed the guide and still not working.I have disconnected batteries etc. RAVE details the wiper system can be verified with testbook so I am going to have to take it in to the dealer.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still proving difficult to solve this one!

Dealer said there is a power feed to the rear fuse box but no feed coming out, they put probe to the motor and that was dead too.

Their solution was to offer to replace the rear fuse box and a new motor. All for £400($700). I told them to leave it and thought I'd have another go.

I am going to try and put a direct feed to the motor bypassing the built in wiper ecu. I can't see how the fuse box can have gone wrong. I think its too easy for the dealers to replace components instead of old fashioned repairs.

Maybe easier said than done but I am going to have to get the multimeter out!

I have had the RAVE wiring diagrams out and it looks relatively straight forward!

I don't suppose anyone has any ideas?

Has anyone had the rear fuse box out or is this dicing with electrical gremlin death?!?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Diod you ever get to the bottom of your problem. I am having a similar issue is so far as I can't get any water to spray out of my rear wiper. It moves okay so I suspect a blockage somewhere, does anyone know if there is an inline filter and if so where is it located. :?:

Many thanks inadvance.

AndyT :thumb:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There will be a blockage within the wiper arm. You need to remove the trim panel below the wiper motor. It just unclips, needs a good pull.

Then I disconnected the water pipe from the non return valve and with the section between the NRV and the motor I fitted an airline and blew the blockage through. It was blocked but quickly cleared as the pressure built. It should fix the problem, the NRVs often fail and I'd suggest changing it at the same time as they often fail causing a delay in washer fluid getting through too. It may be damaged when the blockage backs up.

I also had a leak from the base of the spindle, I took the motor off, opened it up, re-greased the spindle and re-sealed the base with silicon sealant to stop the leak. when I put it all back togther it was dead. I know why its not working but do not know how it happened. I am very nervous about disconnecting the fuse box and going in blind!

Hope this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts