RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I´m Markus from Stuttgat/Germany and since 6 Years I´m driving a Range Rover TD6 from 2002. I´ve bought it with 166.000km, no it has 351.000km.
Last year I had Problems with a stuttering at constant driving with aout 120km/h. It was hard to find the Problem. I´ve changed the whole EGR Equipment, all underpressure hoses and control valves. Without success.
There was no trouble code listed in the ECU.
I´ve searched a lot in the Internet and found a post at the BMW 7-series Forum.
The Problem is the plug of the rail-pressure sensor. It has bad contact. I drove with my Hand Held tester and there was a jumping rail pressure value in the live data listing.
First I´ve cleaned the contact with contact cleaner and wd40. Afte that there was no more stutteing for about 5.000km. Then the Problems returned.
Therre is a repair kit from BMW for the 7-series.
Part No. 7 790 286
The cable is too hort, but I´ve soldered the modified plug on my original harness. Since I´ve done this, thre are no more Problems.
Here´s the german thread in the 7-series Forum:
http://www.7-forum.com/forum/23/730d-m57-ruckeln-155141.html
Maybe it will help some other Range Rover TD6 owners with the sae Problems.

Best regads from Germany
Markus

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Thanks for posting and welcome to the site. Finding a solution for hard to trace issues is always a bonus. it will certainly be a benefit to all those lucky enough to have the option to buy diesel.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts