RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

First post, hoping someone can help me out. I've tried searching the forum and can't seem to find an answer.

I have a 2012 RR that I got in Feb, I'm having trouble shifting into park every now and again. The lever will move kind of halfway towards P from R, then hit what feels like a hard stop. Driving off or reversing and trying to shift into P again usually fixes the problem, though last week the one and only instance of it thinking it was in P and not holding occurred.

For context, the transfer case failed a couple of weeks ago and was replaced, but this issue with the shifting predates that (although it did have one of it's episodes 10 mins before the transfer case gave up). It's happened maybe 3 times since the new TC went on.

The transmission, linkage etc. have all been checked and given a clean bill of health, and the TC and transmission have both been reprogrammed by our local Indy. Other than this, the transmission shifts smoothly and there's never an issue finding drive gears. Our next course of action we think is to replace the solenoid, but if anyone has any other suggestions, all are welcome.

in case it's relevant, the battery was replaced in August, though I had this issue before then. It also hasn't thrown any codes or any dash warnings.

Thanks in advance!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts