Range Rovers Forum banner
81 - 100 of 182 Posts
OK -- here is some quick photoshop... using the LWB L460 vs LWB L405... you can see for the most part... the front is similar. The front lower facia comes down a bit more... it's the back that has been extended and the boot is more bubbly on the L460.

Reference L405 LWB:
Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Car

Reference L460 LWB:
Wheel Tire Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Window

Combined, outline is the L405 over the solid L460:
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

It's lost the distinctive RR boot ledge...

RR Classic:
Product Wood Font Communication Device Bumper

RR L405 (more emphasis on the ledge):
Automotive parking light Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle

RR L460:
Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Grille Automotive lighting

The interior is a carbon copy of the new Jaguar F-Pace and E-Pace.
I hope the new L460 handles better like the GLS or Bentayga because the current L405 wallows a bit much.

No one has commented on the what looks to be a reflector on the rear quarter panel. I sure as heck hope it’s not going to be an ugly red reflector for the US models. But I’m willing to bet it is bc the rear taillight doesn’t wrap around the side like the l405 and I believe by law there needs to be a reflector/corner light.

Reactions: Madtown and Mavro
Not feeling the rear. Ironically reminds me of a Telluride which obviously took many design cues from the Range Rover.

If I had a L405, I wouldn’t feel compelled to upgrade.

I think the interior has a nice, clean look. I don't get why the large screen is not integrated into the dash. It is also interesting that the climate and seat controls are like the older style rotary dials. Are those seat controls on the door panel?
Aren't the seat controls normally on the door on the full size?

I am a little disappointed by what We have seen. it looks like a model refresh, not a new platform as expected. I am hoping they release some cool new colors tho. I also hope that the wheel shown in the pics isn't the only option or at least isn't the "best" option, it sucks !

Honestly it didnt wow me. The shape looks like the ongoing model with slimmer and smaller lamps. Simplified interior and do not have the look of a car that can go off roading. Perhaps this is the electric version? When Velar was first launch, the photo look better than the real car. Hopefully this is the opposite.

Aren't the seat controls normally on the door on the full size?
Not sure you can say "normally" when it's a new generation but the seat controls did move to the door with the 2018 refresh for the L405, it's a lot of buttons, especially on an Autobiography.

For the L460, they reduced the door controls by moving most of them to the touch screen for better or worse...

Reactions: flyersfan76
No one has commented on the what looks to be a reflector on the rear quarter panel. I sure as heck hope it’s not going to be an ugly red reflector for the US models. But I’m willing to bet it is bc the rear taillight doesn’t wrap around the side like the l405 and I believe by law there needs to be a reflector/corner light.
From all test mules looks to be a turn indicator light

Well for fun I called both dealers in town and left my name and number. They aren't taking deposits yet or anything and don't seem to have a list going. They will sell at MSRP.

Figure I'd see how the car market looks next year. Would be ideal to get one, drive it for a year and keep the miles low, and hope I can sell it back for MSRP, kinda like what people did back in 2013.

Discussion starter · #96 ·
Well for fun I called both dealers in town and left my name and number. They aren't taking deposits yet or anything and don't seem to have a list going. They will sell at MSRP.

Figure I'd see how the car market looks next year. Would be ideal to get one, drive it for a year and keep the miles low, and hope I can sell it back for MSRP, kinda like what people did back in 2013.
I was able to configure and was sent to a Landrover dealer in NYC. After next week and the LA auto show they will take orders .

Reactions: Mavro
Funny — I didn’t mind the L322 to L405 transition. I also don’t viscerally hate the L460 exterior. The interior, if that photo is real, looks like the F-Pace. A $50k car, which is looks great at that price point, but seems a bit too low end in a $100k+ flagship. All this is personal taste, I’m keeping my L405, it’s diesel and still love the look and interior.

I’ll be still watching the event and hoping the interior leak was a fake.

81 - 100 of 182 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.