RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I recently installed an old prins VSI LPG installation in my p38. Now it takes quite a lot of time to heat up and switch over from petrol to LPG. Is there a way to adjust the temperature settings on the prins computer? And if yes, what would be the absolute minimum temperature?
Thank you!

Hidde

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,295 Posts
You'll need to get hold of the correct software for your LPG ECU and the appropriate connecting cable (and a laptop).
You can then adjust the various parameters

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
38 Posts
You need to be careful just putting a system on without getting it set up properly too. May cause engine damage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,905 Posts
Prins settings are pretty basic so not sure if the changeover temperature can be adjusted. The software isn't normally available to anyone other than Prins approved installers and when it is available, is expensive (http://www.lpgshop.co.uk/prins-vsi-2-pdt-diagnostic-interface-with-software/). There is an alternative called Bexprins (http://www.lpgshop.co.uk/prins-vsi-diagnostic-software/) but a number of users have found that it doesn't work too well and can delete all settings in the ECU. It may simply be that the reducer isn't warming up fast enough. Have you installed in on a GEMS or Thor? How have you plumbed the reducer into the cooling system, series or parallel? It will warm up quicker if the reducer is in series with the heater matrix as it will get full flow through it. Very easy to do neatly on a GEMS but not so easy to do on a Thor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have not given all the information that I could. I got this installation second hand from a p38 4.6 Gems and just put in in another p38 4.6 Gems. I bought a cheap usb connector with software included (unbranded but looks like the Bexprins). I plumbed the reducer in paralel so putting it in series might be a big improvement. Does anyone here have experience with a prins vsi on a 4.6 GEMS?
To be precise: The problem is that it takes a few kilometers to be able to switch to LPG. What is normal for this setup? And if it is possible to change the settings, what is the minimum temperature it needs?
It also doesn't switch over automatically. But that is not a really big problem.

·
Super Moderator
1,905 Posts
Are you sure the reducer temperature sensor is working if it doesn't switch over automatically? Usual changeover temperature is 40-50 degrees and the reducer should get up to that within 1km at worst (if your thermostat is working properly). By the time it is up to that temperature the heater should be giving decent cabin heat too. Does that heat up quickly or does that also take a long time?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts