RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally going to sell the old '97 HSE, and I wanted to see what people here think a fair price might be.

Details:

130K miles, black, black interior, recently replaced (last year or two):

-Air springs (Arnott Gen2)
-Rebuilt compressor and valve block (thanks Dennis!)
-Water pump
-Pads/rotors all around
-shocks
-battery
-O2 sensors (4)
-rear diff
-tie rods/ends, etc.
-ball joints
-Headliner, pillar recovers
-other small things like TPS, EGR hoses...

Overall she is in good shape, runs perfect (daily driver). Paint is good with typical dings and a few small scratches. Interior is nice except for some sun damage to dash. Pretty much everything I can think of works except for the seat warmers.

I'm thinking of asking $3,000 and taking $2,500. Anyone think that is unfair?

Thanks for the feedback, and no I'm not leaving RR land, I'm buying a 2002 from my sister-in-law!

-Coach

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
Much depends on where you are located. Fill out your profile so we can lend a hand.

·
Registered
128 Posts
In the Uk prices are on the up for used cars at the moment. In January of this year I paid £1700. for a 96 HSE in good order with 125k. The price of fuel had gone mad and the fuel economy of a 4.6 ment no body wanted them. Now I see them going for about £3000. That said I must have spent an extra £1000. on mine to get it just so.. :oops:
SID.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input guys. I forgot to add details to my profile, but I'm in North Florida. I've seen a couple sell for ~$4,000 or so, but I don't think I can sit and wait for however long it might take at that price. My wife just wants me to get the thing out of the driveway and off our insurance ASAP.

It's funny how you can drive a car for years with little anooying things not working, and then you fix them when you are getting rid of it? I'm finally fixing the washer pump, cruise control vacuum hose, and a couple other things that I should have done years ago.

-Coach

1 - 6 of 6 Posts